Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas!

This was such a fun Christmas for us! Tucker is old enough to understand what is going on, enjoy opening presents and playing with his toys!!!

My family's "Christmas Eve" (which didn't actually take place on the real Christmas Eve), consisted of matching jammies, for kids and moms, gorgeous ball gifts and family presents, all created by my Mom, and a song session/dance party hosted by Uncle Luke!

Andy is really warming up to the idea of Livie being here, especially with Story here to tempt him with her sweetness!
My mom made these gorgeous hand stitched  family portraits for each family that contained buttons from my Grandma who passed away 2 summers ago, and fabrics from various memorable events! I LOVE ours!!!!
Christmas Day was big fun, with all of the toys and gifts all over! Like I said, now that the kids get the whole idea, it's really cool!!! They had a great time playing!  The G's got Tucker and Pax these awesome fire engines, and it has proved hours of fun for all of us up in Tucker's new big boy room!
My gift for all of the boys (including Noah), this year, were these Superhero capes!!! Each boy's colors reflected their favorite team, and they loved running through the house to "save Mops!!!"  It made me so happy to see them in them!!! :)  *Tucker just saw this picture as I was typing, and he pointed to himself and said, "I running fast!"  lol :)  Yes, kid, you were :)
Thanks to Chelsea, my grandmother's caregiver, we were able to have a complete family picture on Christmas eve!!! 
On actual Christmas Day, we had a first here at the Smith house.  We did not travel.  Why, you ask? Well, I can barely get myself off the couch these days, so traveling for any length of time was out of the question.  This was our first year away from the Louisiana Smiths, and Andy's first Christmas away in his whole life!!!! ...it was weird.

So, the 3 of us awoke, turned on the Christmas tree lights, made waffles (Tucker helped!), and then began opening presents!!!  We received such wonderful gifts, and once again, T was super excited to play with everything he got!!!!
We got to Skype with Andy's family later, which was wonderful, and helped restore some of the feeling of "being there."

The day after Christmas, we received some snow!!! Not at all the "blizzard" they were preparing us for, but snow, none the less!!!  Tucker loved "building snowmen," and "throwing snow at daddy!" lol!!!  It was pretty great!  I'm just glad there was actually snow this year, and I hope we continue to see more! :D
Isn't he just the cutest little snow bunny ever?!  Yes, I agree. :)
So, here we are, Sunday night, and Andy goes back to work on Wed.  We're still totally in vacation mode, and loving every second of it, but I still have a few projects that I plan on using Andy for before he's back in the swing of things!!! :D

Merry Christmas!

No comments: