New Years has never been my favorite holiday. Yes, when I was in high school I thought it could be magical, you know, staying up with my friends, hoping that some secret admirer would profess his undying love for me at midnight and sweep me off my feet...that kind of thing. But after that proved to be a false dream year after year, I just decided...I'm old.
I've always been a "be in bed by 9...maybe 10" kind of girl, so the whole counting down to the new year eventually lost it's luster. I've never needed a Y2K bunker, the world never stopped as Dick Clark counted down, and Andy always kisses me goodnight and wishes me a "Happy New Year!" as he climbs into bed at he wee hours of the morning.
Resolutions lack the same appeal. Now that I'm older, I'm going to blame it on the whole "being an artist" thing and less on the fact that I have little to no follow through...unless inspired, but I have never really kept my resolutions. And, especially not for a whole year!!!!
This year, however, I do have a few goals. I will call them goals because it seems a bit more achievable. So, here we go!
1. I RESOLUTE to have a baby!!! (This is the only one that I will call a resolution because I'm absolutely confident that she will be leaving my body at some point in the next 2 months :)
2. Loose weight. Yes, I know, so cliche. It makes me cringe to think that it even has to be on my list, but I am way too heavy to be happy. So, I have some plans of regular walking routines, maybe even running, and hopefully some Zumba to help whip this body back in shape!!!
3. Make a semi-consistent schedule of Colors n Cups parties this Spring and Summer.
4. Make enough money for Tucker's MDO program next fall.
5. Make things...always!!! :D
Ok, 5 seems good!!! And, I think they're pretty feasible, especially considering that #1 will give me a good head start! :D
Happy New Year!
1 comment:
Ha ha, love number one! ;)
Post a Comment