Sunday, January 6, 2013

34 weeks

I just realized with the holidays and all the festivities that I haven't done any details on the pregnancy! (Sorry, Liv!) So, here I am! :)
I just kept thinking during this whole pregnancy that with all of the holidays, time was going to just fly by, and I was right!  So, here we are, on the flip side of everything and I finally got a chance to take a breath and I realized that I was 34 weeks...6 weeks away from her being here...crazy!

Thankfully, over the break, we were able to transition Tucker into his big boy room, and finally his big boy bed.  That was my ultimate goal for this time, but at one point I wasn't sure that it was going to happen.  We moved his crib into his new room, and after a night or two of that, we just put him in his twin bed, and he's done great!

Now that the crib is back in Livie's room, I got to put on the bed skirt that I made her, her bumper pad, and start adding more pink details to the room!!!  I have my Sprinkle this Saturday, so I'll be putting the finishing touches on the nursery after that...and there will be pictures...lots of pictures! :)
Tucker got to come with me to my 34 week appointment, and he did awesome!!! He got to hear Livie's hear beat, and told Daddy tonight, in the sweetest voice ever, "I hear the baby.  I hear Livie's heartbeat!"  He just keeps talking about it, which blesses my heart.  He also calls his old room, "Livie's room!"  He will take stuff in there for her, and likes to be in there, but LOVES his new room!!! 

I'm hoping to try to prepare him in the next couple weeks by holding a doll while I do things, or sitting in her room and having him play quietly to try to prepare him for her arrival.  Although, any other suggestions you have for this process would be much appreciated!!!

As far as how I am feeling, it's not great.  I can't stand for long periods of time.  I can barely get up from playing with Tucker on the floor.  Taking a shower completely wipes me out.  Making dinner requires quite a bit of rest after the fact.  It's hard.  And, she is still going to be growing for 6 more weeks!!!  This is craziness!  But, we can do it!!! :)

No comments: