Since Tucker was little I've taken great joy in getting to dress him. Andy would live in shorts and a t-shirt if it was considered "professional," so I gave up on picking out "outfits" for him almost immediately. Tucker, though, was my bright star!!!
Now, don't get me wrong, it's a bit sad realizing that only about 1/3 of most stores is dedicated to the little Beau's and a majority of that is some variation of a Polo shirt. This is where I get to be creative, though! I've paired all kinds of pieces to give him a unique style, one which will reflect his personality and be colorful and fun.
Then, the unthinkable happened.
Seriously, I was never expecting this.
I thought it would be YEARS, if ever, before I would be dealing with this.
I thought I would have to advise his future wife how to dress him...
...and then it happened...
He began having an opinion on his clothes!!!
Now, don't get me wrong, it's a bit sad realizing that only about 1/3 of most stores is dedicated to the little Beau's and a majority of that is some variation of a Polo shirt. This is where I get to be creative, though! I've paired all kinds of pieces to give him a unique style, one which will reflect his personality and be colorful and fun.
Then, the unthinkable happened.
Seriously, I was never expecting this.
I thought it would be YEARS, if ever, before I would be dealing with this.
I thought I would have to advise his future wife how to dress him...
...and then it happened...
He began having an opinion on his clothes!!!
*GASP!!!!*
It started out small with his LSU hat that we got him this summer. He wears it every day. That's cool, I don't mind. He had started turning against my "funny hair," as he called it, which was basically just putting a little gel in to spike it and give it a style. Yeah, I probably should have got the hint here that something was about to happen :/
So, yeah, wear the hat, boy! You're work'n it! And he was. Plus, when Andy would come home from football practice, he would say, "look, Daddy! We're the same!" Yeah, how are you not going to melt at that?! So, other than church and bible study, the hat adorns his head.
Next, he wanted to wear his LSU jersey.
Every. Day.
And, to bed.
Always.
What?! Seriously?! So, I compromised with a few super cute sports themed graphic tees that I could find, long enough to give that poor jersey a break, and a wash, and for those who saw us most not to think that I don't ever change my child's clothes.
Sheesh! It was beginning to look that way!
And so our daily "battles" began. Really, on a day to day basis, I don't really care, so LSU hat, jersey, tshirt, or hoodie (or all of the above) it was. I put my foot down a bit for special occasions, because, seriously, a Momma's gotta dress up her handsome man every once in a while!!!
All of a sudden, wardrobe changes became an essential part of his "morning" routine.
Now, let me just explain "morning" for Tucker to you. I'm pretty sure this could start at 4:00 or 5:00 am, and we'd have no idea. His only rule is that he has to stay in his room until Daddy's alarm goes off, and then he can come hang out with him while he gets ready for work...and doesn't wake up Mommy :) Sooooo, we quickly started noticing that as soon as he was allowed in the room, he was asking for assistance of some sort of his "outfit" changes! He needs help getting underwear on, or a new shirt, or sometimes he's STARK NAKED asking for help!!!!
It has really been amusing (in a "I'm dead asleep and you're naked, touching my eye trying to wake me up, go ask Daddy for help" kind of way), and super funny to watch.
So, now in addition to his various wardrobe changes that take place at nap, bedtime, and upon waking up, his outfits are getting more interesting!!!
The other morning, after coming to wake me up completely naked, asking for help with his undies, he joyfully brought me into his room, and requested to wear this:
It started out small with his LSU hat that we got him this summer. He wears it every day. That's cool, I don't mind. He had started turning against my "funny hair," as he called it, which was basically just putting a little gel in to spike it and give it a style. Yeah, I probably should have got the hint here that something was about to happen :/
So, yeah, wear the hat, boy! You're work'n it! And he was. Plus, when Andy would come home from football practice, he would say, "look, Daddy! We're the same!" Yeah, how are you not going to melt at that?! So, other than church and bible study, the hat adorns his head.
Next, he wanted to wear his LSU jersey.
Every. Day.
And, to bed.
Always.
What?! Seriously?! So, I compromised with a few super cute sports themed graphic tees that I could find, long enough to give that poor jersey a break, and a wash, and for those who saw us most not to think that I don't ever change my child's clothes.
Sheesh! It was beginning to look that way!
And so our daily "battles" began. Really, on a day to day basis, I don't really care, so LSU hat, jersey, tshirt, or hoodie (or all of the above) it was. I put my foot down a bit for special occasions, because, seriously, a Momma's gotta dress up her handsome man every once in a while!!!
All of a sudden, wardrobe changes became an essential part of his "morning" routine.
Now, let me just explain "morning" for Tucker to you. I'm pretty sure this could start at 4:00 or 5:00 am, and we'd have no idea. His only rule is that he has to stay in his room until Daddy's alarm goes off, and then he can come hang out with him while he gets ready for work...and doesn't wake up Mommy :) Sooooo, we quickly started noticing that as soon as he was allowed in the room, he was asking for assistance of some sort of his "outfit" changes! He needs help getting underwear on, or a new shirt, or sometimes he's STARK NAKED asking for help!!!!
It has really been amusing (in a "I'm dead asleep and you're naked, touching my eye trying to wake me up, go ask Daddy for help" kind of way), and super funny to watch.
So, now in addition to his various wardrobe changes that take place at nap, bedtime, and upon waking up, his outfits are getting more interesting!!!
The other morning, after coming to wake me up completely naked, asking for help with his undies, he joyfully brought me into his room, and requested to wear this:
LOL!!! We had bought this little Spiderman costume when he was a tiny baby, it's been hanging in his closet ever since- unworn. I'm not even sure how he found it.
But he did.
And he wanted to wear it.
On top of his PJ's.
For two days straight.
LOL!!! It still cracks me up!!! I have about 30 more pictures of his Spiderman poses!!!! AND, because it's so tight (the costume ends on the arms and lets at the red webbed part), his little boy butt looks so cute!!!
Once I got him out of the Spiderman outfit, his next find was Andy's old t-shirt/jerseys from when he played sports as a kid. I'm actually so thankful that he kept them because seeing Tucker wearing them is so darn cute. These he really only requests at bedtime, but he is usually/always wearing a different one when he gets up than what we put him in a bed :/
Goodness. Really?! I think I was expecting this with Livie, knowing that she would probably have a very big opinion of her wardrobe much sooner than I would be ready for, but I was blindsided with Tucker. I really never thought that I would be letting him pick out what he wanted to wear, and that what he wanted to wear was hard core "boy stuff." T-shirts, track pants, hoodies, and hats. I thought I had a few more years of cute jeans, Chuck Taylors, and a colorful T layered over a collared dress shirt with some awesome spikey hair.
But no. Those days are gone...for now...until he moves onto something else, and doesn't realize that I've brought back the "funny hair," or that his look is super trendy :D I'm not giving up yet!!!
But, Tucker, I am really happy to see your personality develop. You crack me up, and your clothing choices are just a little party of that! So, go ahead, kid! Wear what you want! You still rock, and Momma loves you! :D
But he did.
And he wanted to wear it.
On top of his PJ's.
For two days straight.
LOL!!! It still cracks me up!!! I have about 30 more pictures of his Spiderman poses!!!! AND, because it's so tight (the costume ends on the arms and lets at the red webbed part), his little boy butt looks so cute!!!
Once I got him out of the Spiderman outfit, his next find was Andy's old t-shirt/jerseys from when he played sports as a kid. I'm actually so thankful that he kept them because seeing Tucker wearing them is so darn cute. These he really only requests at bedtime, but he is usually/always wearing a different one when he gets up than what we put him in a bed :/
Goodness. Really?! I think I was expecting this with Livie, knowing that she would probably have a very big opinion of her wardrobe much sooner than I would be ready for, but I was blindsided with Tucker. I really never thought that I would be letting him pick out what he wanted to wear, and that what he wanted to wear was hard core "boy stuff." T-shirts, track pants, hoodies, and hats. I thought I had a few more years of cute jeans, Chuck Taylors, and a colorful T layered over a collared dress shirt with some awesome spikey hair.
But no. Those days are gone...for now...until he moves onto something else, and doesn't realize that I've brought back the "funny hair," or that his look is super trendy :D I'm not giving up yet!!!
But, Tucker, I am really happy to see your personality develop. You crack me up, and your clothing choices are just a little party of that! So, go ahead, kid! Wear what you want! You still rock, and Momma loves you! :D



No comments:
Post a Comment