Friday, January 10, 2014

New Year!!!

Ahh, a fresh start!!!  This year I actually DO have some resolutions!!!

To be quite honest, I feel as though I've barely been able to keep my head above water for the last few years.  Therefore, making any type of goal at New Years seemed daunting and unobtainable.  I am thankful to say that I am very hopeful for 2014!!!  I am starting to get my feet back up under me, and for the first time in a long time, I feel like I can be successful at something!!!

So, I will only have a few goals, hoping that I can be successful at them.

1. Loose weight.  When I was pregnant with Tucker, I only gained about 30 lbs. during my pregnancy, and it all fell of rather quickly after he was here.  That's not to say that my body has ever been the same, though! lol, I could have pretty much kissed all of my pre-T clothes goodbye since my hips are now wider, my *ahhheeem* baby feeders were a lot bigger, and not to mention that my "torpedo" stomach needed to shrink back into shape!!!

I actually gained most of my weight the summer before I got pregnant with Livie.  Andy was gone most of the time during Track season, and truthfully, I am a stress eater.  And I had been stressed. A lot. And since no one else was around, I ate.  I'm not proud of it, but it's what I did. I didn't feel good about myself, so I ate a cookie, and another, and another...you get the point :)

So, here I am, with a 3 year old and an almost 1 year old, and I dread going into public.  Mostly because I can clearly see people "subtly" shifting their eyes to my mid section (which does look like a baby bump), and wondering if I'm pregnant.  I used to be able to brush off the "So, are you pregnant?!" comments with ease, but now, I want to run and hide and cry, and then eat more cookies... :/  See, changes must be made.

I have began eating healthier already.  The fridge is stocked with veggies, and healthy snacks, and I am decreasing my portion sizes.  Once the world around me thaws a bit, I will begin exercising as well.  My main goal is to be bathing suit ready for this summer.  I refuse to look like a fat a$$ with my son at the pool.  I want to look good for my husband, feel good about my self, and not have to worry about pregnancy comments any more.  EVER. 

2. Maintain my household.  I absolutely adore our new home.  It is perfect.  So much character, and with all of the things of our wish list.  I love being here, and can't imagine a more perfect home for us right now!!!

So, basically, I want to find a way to manage kids, doing school with Tucker, laundry, dishes, and cleaning.  I got a planner for Christmas in the hopes of organizing myself on paper so that I can organize our life.  I don't want clutter, I don't want mess, I just want it to be clean and crisp.

Well, I guess there are only 2 goals!!! Hopefully in 6 months I can proclaim a small amount of success, so pray for me! :D

No comments: