Saturday, January 25, 2014

"Poopy"

What is it with the word, "poopy?!"

And, "stinky?!"

These are buzz words around our house!!!  Tucker loves to say it, and gets so tickled by it!!!

To be quite honest, initially, I didn't think much of him saying it.  Probably because having a newborn around provokes a lot of "poopy, stinky" diaper talk.  Like, every 4 or hours or so. :)  If you've had babies, you know :)

So, I really didn't make a big deal of him saying it, until we were around other kids.

Those words spread like wild fire with toddlers!!!  So, the once "not so big deal" words, quickly started sounding not so great as a group of three year olds began chanting them in between roars of laughter!!!

During prayers one evening (admittedly, not a great time for this to happen), Tucker just began throwing "poopy" into his conversation with the Lord.  He began giggling so uncontrollably that we just skipped over the end of prayer time :)

It is actually one of my favorite memories with him.  His laugh was so contagious, and we were both just laying in his bead giggling uncontrollably!!!  I just love his belly laugh, and it was good for my soul...even though it was about...poopy :)

I've heard others say that this is a buzz word for their toddler, too!!!  Anyone else have similar experiences?!

1 comment:

Susan J said...

Oh definitely! The boys love it and Chloe joins in (or even starts it!). Drives me nuts!! :)