I just can't believe my little baby girl is ONE!!! Her first year flew by way faster than Tucker's, but granted, in her first year we:
sold our house,
moved in with my parents for the whole summer,
bought a new home,
moved in while Andy started back to school and football,
updated part of the house,
unpacked and "moved in,"
flew through the holidays,
and BAM! Baby girl was ONE :D
sold our house,
moved in with my parents for the whole summer,
bought a new home,
moved in while Andy started back to school and football,
updated part of the house,
unpacked and "moved in,"
flew through the holidays,
and BAM! Baby girl was ONE :D
Thankfully, Livie was such an easy going baby and really just rolled with the flow through everything!!!
I decided I wanted to have a "Woodland" themed party for her first birthday! I was inspired by those adorable little toadstools and tiny little gnomes (although those little guys were not part of the decor).
*did I mention that I made her little dress?! The lace and hankie apron were my Grandma Potter's fabrics!
*did I mention that I made her little dress?! The lace and hankie apron were my Grandma Potter's fabrics!
These little toadstools were probably my favorite part of all of the decor!!! They must have been Livie's too, because as soon as she could get her hands on them, she ripped them right off the wall :/ At least I got the picture :D
Our food was even a woodsy theme!! And it was yummy, let me just tell you! :D
The kids had their own little spread in the toy room where the Kid's Table was! :D They had chicken nuggets, fruit pouches, raisins and Capri Suns!
And, oh my gosh, y'all, This Cake!!! I had thought about making a little Gnome House/Toadstool cake, until I saw this. I could not get this cake out of my head, and was dying to make it!!! I tweaked it a bit so it would look a little like a log stump, which meant that the mini chocolate chips had to be nixed :/ It was all good, though :D Still delish!
...Clearly :D She was a bit hesitant at first, simply enjoying the sweetness of the icing. Who could blame her, really? She had no idea the goodness to be devoured if she was only to dig a bit further! Thankfully, Andy lead her to the treasure, and I'm pretty sure she's going to have a sweet tooth like her Momma :)
Once people started eating their own cake, she decided to rub the icing all through her hair...a practice she has continued at every meal since :/
After her bath in the kitchen sink, it was present time!!! :D
After her bath in the kitchen sink, it was present time!!! :D
She received such wonderful gifts from her family!!! Rody, of course, a shopping cart with food, beautiful clothes, plate and matching silverware, a picnic basket and more!
My favorite memory of her gifts is Tucker's. A week or so before her birthday, I asked him what he wanted to get her for her birthday, expecting to hear, "A Minion toy!" which is what he wants to get anyone in need of a gift :) However, after a bit of though, he said, "I want to get her a stroller so she can push her dolls in it."
I was so pleasantly surprised by his thoughtfulness of this gift, as we had never really talked about a stroller. This story continues to bring joy to my heart as I think about how much he loves her...which is a lot :D
So, we ordered a stroller, and he helped me put it all together by screwing in the screws with the screwdrivers! He was pretty pleased with the outcome, and loved showing her how it all works!
My favorite memory of her gifts is Tucker's. A week or so before her birthday, I asked him what he wanted to get her for her birthday, expecting to hear, "A Minion toy!" which is what he wants to get anyone in need of a gift :) However, after a bit of though, he said, "I want to get her a stroller so she can push her dolls in it."
I was so pleasantly surprised by his thoughtfulness of this gift, as we had never really talked about a stroller. This story continues to bring joy to my heart as I think about how much he loves her...which is a lot :D
So, we ordered a stroller, and he helped me put it all together by screwing in the screws with the screwdrivers! He was pretty pleased with the outcome, and loved showing her how it all works!
Happy 1st Birthday, Livie Lu! We love you so much!!!!












1 comment:
What an adorable party and an even more adorable Livie!
Post a Comment