Last week I heard Livie wake up earlier than her usual rise, and went in to check on her. As I changed her on the changing table, I realized that she was not even fully awake, but just crying. Once she was back in her jammies, I scooped her up, and she immediately clung to me and laid her head on my shoulder.
We stood and swayed in her room for a few minutes, but being the early hour that it was, Momma quickly realized she was as sleepy as her little girl :)
We comfied down into her rocker where she melted into me even more, and we rocked and snuggled for a good 30 minutes.
--------------
Tonight, while I was tending to Tucker, who wasn't feeling well, Andy brought Livie in to tell us goodnight, and then put her down. A few minutes later I heard her crying in her crib...very unlike her. When she never seemed to settle, I went in to give her a good night hug.
Once again, as I picked her up, she clung to me and just melted in. Ahhh, that feeling!!! I swayed with her a while, and when I adjusted my arms, she squeezed me tightly as if to say, "don't put me down yet!"
You didn't have to tell me twice! Again, we moved to the rocker. As I sat there with her on hugging me so tightly, I thought my heart might burst out of my chest with love. I remember just loving to cuddle with my parents, and loving every moment they would spend with me before bed. I just can't believe that my kids feel the same way about me now!!!
I just want to bottle up these memories in a magical case that will let me relive them over and over and over as they get bigger...and probably too big to still cuddle on my lap :) Sooooooooooooo, if you could just find some one who could make one of those, that would be great :)
No comments:
Post a Comment