Last night Andy and I went to the high school show choir concert to see Caroline, Jessica, and Mikayla. Not only were all of them fabulous, I also got to see a ton of my former students and co workers!!! I was a in a tizzy in the parking lot over just getting to SEE my students growing up! My heart was melting over how great they seemed to be doing. I told Andy how I was so thankful for the wonderful memories that I had from my last year of teaching.
As wonderful as it is to see those fantastic kids, I am still so thankful for my new job at home. I'm not going to lie, this last year has been HARD. Not because Tucker was difficult, but because I really didn't feel like I knew what I was doing, and that's a really scary place for me. Now that Tucker is moving around, developing his own little personality, and is maintaining a pretty regular schedule, I feel more at ease. I am really starting to enjoy everything we're doing at home. I can handle laundry, cooking, and cleaning. It doesn't always get done right on time, but at least it gets done regularly.
With that said, I am so thankful for the times that I get to see former students. I love that they're just as excited to see me, even if they're not currently taking art ;) And, it warms my heart to receive encouragement from co workers when they hear that I'm on my second year of maternity leave and how they tell me how important it is that I'm staying home.
I just love these little snippets of memories that I get, but am so excited about where I am now!!!
Happy Friday!!! What are you doing this weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment