Now that Tucker is eating all table food, I feel like I've really been stuck in a rut with what I feed him. I, myself, am a victim of routine. I find a food that I like, and I stick to it. Seriously, I ate a bagel dipped in nacho cheese, Grandma's chocolate chip cookies, and washed it down with a Yoohoo every day of Junior High. We'll discuss the malnutritional consequences of my choices in a different post, but you catch my drift.
Anyways, back to Tucker. I was talking with a few friends last night who's children range from 8 months to 2 years, and they have the same issue- lack of creativity with food choices.
SO, this is where I need your help!!! Please share what your kids like to eat at these ages!!! Basic stuff is great- breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, but if you've got some super cool creative treats, share those as well!!! I'd love any websites that you use as well!!! Seems like I need to put together a little kiddo cookbook for myself!!! :)
Thanks for sharing!!!
3 comments:
Try this website. Www.weelicious.com
Oh girl. A bagel in nacho cheese? Every day? For real?? I, too, am a creature of habit... but I can't say I've ever tried THAT habit!
If he eats table food, pretty much anything you eat is fair game -- although stay away from raisins, peanuts, and whole grapes and hot dogs for a while.
Favorites in the Thomas house:
- frozen peas, straight up
- frozen blueberries, straight up
- any kind of yogurt (my kids think plain yogurt is awesome, but they also dig flavored as well.)
- cheese
- oatmeal (you can flavor this all sorts of ways, we buy bulk oats and usually do brown sugar with cinnamon and vanilla, with raisins)
- deli meat (if you're not paranoid about nitrates)
- cream cheese and jelly sandwiches
- pita/pita chips/hummus
- costco fish sticks (they aren't minced, low breading, VERY good)
- cheese quesadillas, occasionally with black beans
- muffins (I've pinned a bran muffin recipe... it's our favorite)
- scrambled eggs/omelettes
- hard boiled eggs
- smoothies (I've yet to try "green" smoothies, but everyone is raving about them. Our favs are strawberry-banana and pb + banana)
- baked potatoes
I've found that anything "cute" that I do is usually a flop... like, I spend way too much time making it cute, and then they don't even eat it. Simple, whole, food is the way we typically go... although my kids can totally kill some tater tots.
I've also found that we eat a WHOLE lot better now that we have kids, since I would feel like a total hypocrite chowing on cookies while I insist my kids eat dried fruit.
lunches we do pita cut in half stuffed with deli meat or chicken, cheese, sometimes a little bit of ranch.
also the sandwich thins or small round pitas make for great bbq chicken pizza lunches. I have a 1, 2, and 3 year old...its a hit with them all. they devour omelets stuffed with anything. I can sneak all kinds of veggies in! Whole wheat tortillas rolled up with pbj, or cream cheese and turkey.
Post a Comment