Today, Mom and I began cooking for Thanksgiving!!! We decided to try to keep things simple this year so that we could focus on the kids! It's a great plan, really, and unlike all the other years that we vow to do this, we actually ARE keeping it simple!
We've got the staples, though. Puppy chow:
Sweet potatoes- minus the marshmallows...those will be added Thursday before the meal, and many will be consumed before the have a chance to be adorned on the pan :)
Chex mix: This is dad's favorite. I got to make a batch today, and was super proud...until I burnt it :/ ahhhh, live and learn!
And, of course, it wouldn't be a good cooking day unless we snacked on some of our treats! The Food Network would probably frown upon this technique, but I think most everyone else would agree with it :D
And, in addition to pie and cheesecake, these little pecan pies are AMAZING! They stuck to the pan a little, but as I pointed out to Mom, presentation is low on the totem pole when that delicious mixture melts in your mouth!!!
Elle was super into the process :) She even got to taste some Puppy Chow...only we told her it was called "Kiddie Chow" so she wouldn't be upset :) Thankfully, she didn't affixiate herself on the powdered sugar!
Once the cooking was done, mom put up the decorations! Beautiful, no?!
And where was Tucker this whole time, you ask?! Well, when he wasn't taking his almost 3 hour long nap, he was hanging out with his BFF, Pops!!!!
Then Mops got in on the fun!
Tomorrow, Allison, Zack, Stone, and Ainsley will be arriving for the festivities. Kendall, Luke, and Pax won't be here this year, but we will miss them TONS!!!!
What are you favorite Thanksgiving traditions?!

5 comments:
Fun times! Happy Thanksgiving.
oh I love puppy chow!!!! And i swear I burn chex mix every time you moms decorations are beautiful :)
Happy Thanksgiving
Carrie
Oh how fun!! Yall look like you had a great time! We will miss you but we are looking forward to Christmas!
Those mini pecan pies looks amazing! Could you post the recipe?
-Emma
I just made chex mix yesterday! :) I love your blog! :) I became a follower! :) Erin
Post a Comment