Saturday, December 3, 2011

Deck the Halls

 I wanted to share a few of our Christmas decorations!!!  I've really enjoyed "decking our halls" this year so that Tucker can begin enjoying a Winter Wonderland!!! :)

I added this new little decoration this year, and really like how it turned out!  If you'd like to see how I did it, check out the tutorial over at my art blog!
 
 I also wanted a really fun and bright wreath for the front door to match the garland and bright red bows outside.  I vamped up a wreath I got from Kendall's wedding (which mom just informed me is not an outdoor wreath :/) with some ribbon and the adorable little JOY sign from Dollar Tree!!!
 I just love our mantel!  I am still loving the stockings I made last year, and hung them with care under some adorable decorations!
 Like these little treats!  I figured our pictures from Andy's school dance would make for a whimsical Mr. and Mrs. Clause!
 These little treasures belonged to my Grandma who passed away this summer.  I'm glad they're a part of our decorations.  Don't you just love that vintage Santa?!  It's also a squeaky toy!

Thank goodness for my little Elf!!!  Although he looks cute, truthfully, he wasn't a major part of the decorating process...for obvious reasons :)
 But he does make it feel like Santa's workshop up in here! :D

2 comments:

Kendall said...

I LOVE the ornaments hanging over the window! (witch I just realized, ornaments is pronounced and spelled totally different than the way I grew up pronouncing it...awkward)Also, I too just hung my wreath from the wedding on our door and I might have to take it down to add a few touches like you did...outside wreath or not :)

mom said...

Festive decorations! you are so artistic! speck so...tee hee hee. Anyways... it IS beginning to look alot like Christmas in the Smith home...especially when the little elf greats you at the front door! Adorable! Thanks for sharing! I had a grand time with you today!...and we were even able to sneak our "cookies" in before the teeny boppers swooped up the tasty treats! Ha!