Unfortunately, I have no pictures to share with you from our Christmas celebration with my family. Thankfully, my mom took tons of video that will be hilarious to show the boys when they are older!!!
We all weathered the Christmas Eve service together in one long pew for the first time in years!!! Andy was working the sound booth, so I sandwiched myself between my sister's families for additional corralling of the T-man :D Tucker SO loved the music and all of the celebration of the service. He and Pax were deeply involved in a Cheerio situation during the sermon, but ALL boys behaved SO well!!! They were quiet, playful, and joyful in celebration!
Christmas morning was one of my favorites! Instead of our traditional round robin of present opening, we decided to let the kids open their presents while they were awake. It was so much fun watching them all play with each other's toys!!! "Share" was the word of the day, and they really had no problem with it. Tucker and Pax received adorable piano tables, and running tractors with farm animals inside. Stone got a camera, and so did his mom :D
"The gift" of the day was my surprise for Andy. This year, I decided to "make the presents! make the presents!" I made him a knife!!! Yes, actually MADE the knife!!! I picked out the blade, handle wood, and sheath. I used a jig saw, drill press, counter sink, and belt sander to prepare the handle, and finished it off with a gorgeous dark wood danish oil. The sheath was hand stitched by your's truly. :D Andy really loved it, and I hope he can go hunting soon to put it to good use!
The day was finished with a round of Christmas carols/dance party/toy playing. Mom taped the whole event as Luke played the guitar, we sang, and the boys went through a myriad of activities in the middle of the room! Again, priceless videos :D
We are in Louisiana now, with Andy's family. Again, not many pictures taken yet, but the cousins are having a great time playing together!!!
3 comments:
How creative to think to make a knife! With the newborn Joe and I didn't even exchange gifts!
You made a knife! That is awesome.
I have pictures! video too! You might be interested in the one I have of your hubby opening your gift of the year! :D just sayin'! Ha!
Post a Comment