We left on Tuesday for the 14 hour drive down to Louisiana. Tucker was totally sick, so he actually slept most of the way! The poor kid had everything going on with his tiny little body, and he really wasn't himself for most of the trip. He was working through a bronchial infection, and had just gotten on a new antibiotic that caused him to have the runs. ALL. THE. TIME. Awesome. Which also then meant severe diaper rash. On top of that, he was cutting like 3 teeth, one or two of which were molars. Seriously?!!! Then, he was in a new place with a time change!!!! Kid was a trooper, though. He barely ate anything the whole trip, but rallied when he needed to.
Enough of the yuck stuff. Bryan and Christine came a few days after we got there, so we got to hang with The (Ruston) Smith gang alone for a while! It was really fun! We met B and C in Shreveport for some delish mexican on their way into town. Wooo Hooo for a date night! (*Thanks, G Daddy and Jenna!)
The kids loved playing together, and I think they just followed each other all over the place. Tucker LOVED swinging in the back yard, and since it was close to the 70's almost the whole time we were there, he got to do this a lot!
Christmas was so much fun! Andy got some great LSU stuff...and so did Tucker :) I got a pair of Tom's, which was a great surprise! We also celebrated Christmas with the Schieffers and Bales, and got to meet Pierce! He was such a good baby!!!
The trip back was not as long as I thought it was going to be. Andy and I took turns driving and sleeping just so we could make it home. T did pretty well...but was much more awake this time around. He wasn't really a fan of being in the car seat. I don't blame him :)
So, I'm slowly but surely getting clothes unpacked and gifts put away. I knew it would be a process, which it is, but we're getting there! Happy 2012!
3 comments:
poor Tucker! I'm glad we aren't the only people with an insane drive to see family! Glad you guys got some time with family!
I'm so glad Tucker is feeling better! And on a completely materialistic note....aren't Toms the greatest thing ever? I have a silver sparkly pair and I am OBSESSED.
It's hard on the little ones to travel, and it must have been even more of a bummer if he was sick! :( Poor guy! Glad he's on the mend and you guys can get back to normal.
Post a Comment