Sunday, January 8, 2012

I Resolute...

Well, it's January 8th, and I'm just getting around to the whole "resolution" thing.  I didn't hop on the Facebook bandwagon and sum up 2011 on Dec. 31st.  Nor did I make prophetic grand resolutions for 2012 on Jan. 1 (mostly because I was in the car for 14 hours that day...).  So, here we are, a week later, and in total Kel style, I make my list:

1. Lose weight.  Doesn't everyone say this?!  I'm sure Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan (neither of whom I'm a fan of) probably even think, "I could probably get those designers to start making size -2 if I would just not eat for one more week!"  But don't worry, I'll go about it the healthy way.  I'm going to start Boot Camp this month, and there is a head of lettuce in the fridge...next to the pizza...but I'm taking steps, people!

2. Be better at completing laundry and cleaning in a more punctual manner.  It gets done, but not without a TON of procrastination preceding it.  I can find about a thousand other things to do before I will fold the laundry.  It's easier to just let it disappear by wearing it straight out of the dryer.  Then, repeat the process.

3.  Read more books with Tucker.  I'd like to move on to page books instead of board books without him tearing out the pages.  Practice makes perfect!

4.  Do more with my business.  I'd really like to get Colors n Cups off the ground, but frankly, people have no interest.  I can't get people to sign up, and I can't figure out where else to advertise besides Facebook.  Oh, and I need a business manager.  I have no business sense.  It's really hindering my business.  I guess I just have too much of an artist attitude.

5. Cook more.  I'm fine with crock pot meals, and meals that can be prepared during nap time, but anything being made around 5 oclock in is impossible.  I have a tiny little shadow that is literally hanging on to my pants pockets, saying, "puuuuuuppp!" over and over again.  It's hard to not not trip over him.

6.  Do more special things for Andy.  He works so hard All. The. Time, and I'd really like to surprise and treat him more than I do.  I want to get creative in this area and make him excited to come home, instead of entering in on a scene that looks like Dinner Twister.

These sound like pretty reasonable goals, right?!  Right... unless you know me.  They're probably the same goals I've had for the last 4 years.  Why are they still goals, you ask?  Well, I have 100% passion and excitement with absolutely little to no follow through.  It's true.  Most stuff just doesn't get done unless I have a deadline, which unfortunately, since I'm my own boss, I don't have.

So, let's just look at this list as a pretty little fantasy, and I'll fill you in on how this list is actually going to go:

1. Lose weight.  I'll think constantly about how well I'll do on the eliptical while watching Gilmore Girls.  I'll think about it so much that I won't feel like I actually need to do it, but trick my mind into thinking that I did.  I'll try to eat less instead, but then I'll get too hungry and scarf down a bag of popcorn and forget that I actually did it.  Then I'll be shocked when a week later, I still weigh the same.

2. Be better at completing laundry and cleaning in a more punctual manner.  I'll continue to do laundry when Andy is out of undershirts or Tucker has pooped through all of his pants.  I'll pick up all the clutter when it's bothered me so much that I feel like I need to throw a fit about it.

3.  Read more books with Tucker.  I'll give up after a minute of trying to fight a 27 lb. squirming machine.  I'll then continue to read the book by myself as he walks around his room pulling things off of shelves.

4.  Do more with my business.  I'll make stuff in my "free time" aka "the time I'm procrastinating against putting away the laundry or cleaning.  I'll then put my stuff up on Etsy, and still, no one will buy my stuff.

5. Cook more.  = buy frozen meals or pretend that I made the delicious soup that is delivered to me at Chili's.

6. Do more special things for Andy.  Well, this one I'll actually work at.  He's really the best, and I always want to make him happy.

So, yeah.  That's me!  I usually don't even make resolutions because I know how they'll end up, but at least this way, if I'm somewhat successful I can check it off my list! :D

Anyone else want to be brutally honest about their resolutions?! ;)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hah! your honesty just really made me laugh. Have you read 5 love languages? Sounds hokey, but I'm reading it now and getting a lot out of it on how to treat the man in my life. I'm also a fan of Sparkpeople's diet and fitness app. It helps.

Although, if I had such a cute baby, I'd probably find 9304892384 reasons to procrastinate, too. Let's face it, I do now and I only have cats.