Oh, this boy! He melts my heart!!! I just had to document this for my own memory!!!
Tucker has exceeded all of my expectations in adjusting to having a little sister. He has been so sweet with her since the moment that he met her! I had no idea that a 2 1/2 year old could have such a tender heart towards babies, but this one does. Not just his own sister, but other babies, too!!!
Ok, the stories:
Last night, while at my parent's house, Livie was laying on a blanket on the floor. Tucker came jumping into the room, as he often does :), and seeing this, I warned, "Do not jump near your sister, please!" while also leaning in to guard Livie. My instincts were correct, as Tucker took one last jump nearly on top of his sister, lightly hitting her head while he tumbled to the floor.
Livie started to cry a little, and as soon as he heard her, along with the "Tucker!" from both Andy and I, he began to cry. Not just cry, but melt into me, sob. He was SO upset that he had possibly hurt his sister!!!
I calmed him down and helped him to see that Livie was Ok, along with some other parenting dialog. He gave her a kiss, apologized, and we all moved on.
Today we all went to the doctor for Livie's 1 month check up. At the end, she had to get a shot. Andy held her, and Tucker stood right next to her watching the procedure. For a moment, I thought that I should distract him from watching, as to not traumatize him, but did. As soon as she got the shot, she turned bright red and let out one of the loudest cries I've ever heard from her (again, she does not make much noise...ever). Tucker immediately turned around and put his face in my legs. When I went to pick him up, I realized that he was crying!!! He wasn't sobbing like the night before, and I could tell that he was trying to hold it in, probably because the nurse was there, but he was definitely upset!!!
Andy quickly calmed Livie, and again, we showed Tucker that she was ok, and praised him for being so concerned for her.
Although Tucker does many things that make me crazy...2.5 year old things, boy things...I am SO pleased to see his tender heart at such a young age!!! It's hard to imagine that he is sensitive as he's refusing to eat dinner, or throwing a fit, and then he goes and proves how much he really does care for others!!! Such a sweet boy!!!
Thank you for listening to this bragging Momma!
1 comment:
Aww! Yes, he sure does have a very tender conscience! It is so sweet to see how much he loves her!
Post a Comment