Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Our New Home!

Welcome to our new home!!! This post is about 3 months late, but hey, setting up our house has kept me busy! ;)  I didn't want to move on with the blog before documenting how the Lord FAITHFULLY provided a home for us!  
After a summer of "our" plans falling through, God continued to lead us to "His" plan, as he always does....Hallelujah! Following our human nature, we thought we had life planned out- job, house, future- and God had different plans!  I am still so thankful that despite our attempts to figure things out on our own, the Lord does not give up on us!  I am so thankful that His plans are better than our plans, and His ways are better than our ways!!!  So, I want it to be known that this is the house that God gave us, in more ways than one!
Not only did he guide our steps to bring us to this home, but he so lovingly provided us with just about all of our hearts desires!!!  We have fallen in love with this house, and it truly feels like Home!

 We were so glad to have a practically "move in ready" house, which allowed us to make a few cosmetic changes that we wanted to do just for us!  For starters was our family room.  I hesitated for a bit on whether or not to paint over the beautiful wood, but ultimately decided that I wanted a very light and bright space! 
I made the right choice. :)

Right after closing, we brought the kids home, and immediately began removing wall paper!
 Since that took about 15 minutes (and not the hours that most people experience!) I was able to quickly move onto my next project...white washing the brick on the fireplace.  Bam!  It was already such an improvement, which was good, because not much else changed for a while!
 After being in our home for a few weeks, my friend's husband began coming over in the evenings and painting all the woodwork for us!!!  *I'd like to add that we moved into this house on Andy's first day back to school!!! He then began football, so there was really no way that either of us was going to get this painting done!!!
 Every time Ryan left from painting, the room looked increasingly brighter, bigger, and better!  It was such a beautiful transformation!!!!

In the mean time, I got to indulge in a purchase that had long been on my wish list...granite counter tops!!!  I am so glad that we were able to get these, and I just love how regal they look! :D
 Our next project will be to paint the cabinets an antique white, with a brown glaze, and pick a back splash...you know, in our free time ;) 

And, finally, the family room was done!!!!  Quite a change, wouldn't you say?! (*don't mind the messy floor...all part of moving in and having kids...looks much better now! ;)
 Here is a close up of the book cases.  I really enjoyed displaying special treasures, and love the pops of color against the white! 


We also had one other project that Andy completed over fall break!  We installed solid hardwood floors in the entryway and the kitchen!  They are GORGEOUS!!!  Again, I'll take a picture :) 
I am so thankful for this home.  I love the location, the memories that we are already making in it, and how much character it has!!!!  If you haven't been over, please come visit! :D

2 comments:

Erin said...

The transformation looks so great! God is good to provide in ways we didn't even know we needed, huh? I hear ya!

Sara Laverty said...

wow, it turned out great! which i'm not surprised by at all! your vision was great for this room! can't wait to see how the floors turned out!