Saturday, June 27, 2009

Eskimos + heat = melting!

"I have come Back to Life!" 5 points if you can name what movie that's from! Anyways, we have returned from our luxurious vacation in the inside passage the beautiful Alaskan state and a brief vaca in Vancouver! We tried to bring the 60 degree weather with us, but I think it got stuck in customs ;)
We had an amazing time, and I filled up my memory card with pictures, but have yet to put them on the computer yet! However, here were some highlights:

*Watching float planes while we ate in Vancouver.
*Being upgraded to a room with a window on the boat.
*Watching ice chunks fall off the huge glacier in Glacier Bay
*Andy winning $800 with one press of a button on a slot machine!
*Watching whales at dinner, and seeing one jump 3 times just 15 yards from the boat!
*Walking through Juneau and Ketchican.
*Seeing Andy drink body wash, thinking it was mouth wash :D
*Swimming and sitting in the hot tub!

Our trip was truely amazing, and these are really only a FEW of the great things we experienced while we were away. Now that we are back home, we are both enjoying working on many projects that we are having a great time with! I have done my best to read up on most of your blogs that I missed while I was gone, and look forward to falling back in to my blog routine!

7 comments:

SB said...

Customs usually does keep the nice weather...I think you might have to fill out a special form to get it past but I can never seem to locate those forms. (wink) I'm so glad you guys had such a fantastic time!

Erin said...

Wow, it sounds like a great trip!! So funny about him drinking the body wash...!!

Melinda said...

We went on an Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon. It was incredible wasn't it? It sounds like you didn't hit Skagway but the train ride there was one of our faves, along with an outdoor salmon bake in Juneau. Can't wait to see those pics. Ours were pre-digital camera so they weren't so great.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back safely! I bet you had an amazing time!

Sarah Rose said...

Kelly, I'm still jealous that you were in the Northwest. I might forgive you since you PAINTED ONE OF MY GIRLS! Oh my goodness! I may or may not have done a little squeal when I read your comment. I can't wait to see it! And of course you may print and sell it! What a fun surprise!

Miss you guys!

abby said...

It sounds awesome! welcome back!

Caroline said...

HA HA!! Was that quote from Night at the Museum 2?