Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy Birthaversary!

This week we are celebrating 3 major holidays. The first of these is the completion of yet another school year!!! Andy and I completed our first and second years of teaching, and made it through to talk about it...although we're not right now, at least not until vacation feels like it's fully in force!

The next major holiday was Andy's 28th Birthday!!! This handsome man is 28!!!! We had a wonderful time honoring the life that Andy has spent bringing joy, laughter, love, and support to all of those around him.
I made a tilapia dinner, with my famously delicious green beans, and some chocolate covered stawberries...that stuck to the plate because (as Andy pointed out), I forgot to put them on wax paper :D They were still delish, and lots of fun!!! We both commented on how nice it was to eat together at the table at home, instead of out to eat.
And, Drum Roll, please! ddrmdrmdrrrmmddrm, His Birthday Cake! Made with love, by ME :D I thought after his huge leaps of success of weight loss, that it was only appropriate to name him Biggest Loser, Birthday Boy! :D It was a red velvet cake with rainbow chip icing in the middle!
We decided to have Small Group at our house Monday night, so everyone was able to share in Andy's birthday! Now, I seem to be unconsciously setting a bit of a tradition for Andy's birthday. For the second year in a row, I cut the cake before lighting candles and singing happy birthday!!!!! This year, I didn't even have birthday candles, so I had to improvise :/ i think he still enjoyed :)
We once again Rocked out to Rock Band after small group
And, now our 3rd celebration! Tuesday marked our 2nd Anniversary! Mom and Dad got us our cake topper, and this time they put TONS of flowers on top!!!! It was delish! We did the fam cake cutting on Sunday after watching Night at the Museum II. It was amazing! you should definately go see it if you haven't!!!
And, finally, as a HUGE suprise, Andy got us tickets to Wicked, tomorrow afternoon! We will then be heading to Magianno's for a tasty treat, using our Anniversary gift from the G's!!! :D I will definately post pics from that!

That's all for now, people! We leave for Alaska on Saturday, but I'll try to post again before we leave!

7 comments:

mom said...

Fun pictures! Celebration galore! Happy Birthday Andy! Congrats to you both for living through another school year! I think next year will be your finest. We always told you girls to try things 3 times...and by the 3rd time you almost always enjoyed whatever...minor exception...the meeske and the softball incident...that dreaded brown color! And happy anniversary to you both! The cake was amazing!!!! HAVE FUN AT WICKED AND ON YOUR ALASKA CRUISE!!! Sorry, for all the caps, i'm on Stev's UK computer...things are just not the same! :D Give lovies to Elle. See you soon. Love mom...dad says Hi...we went shopping at our fav candy store tonight in the bay...bringing you a little somethin' somethin'. oxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Both of those cakes look wonderful. Congrats! Alaska sounds do fun. That is definately on our list. Have a Great Time!

Abby♥ said...

You did a great job on the cake! It looks great.

happy birthday, Andy!

You are going to alaska?? LUCKY~!! I wanna go! :D Hope you have a safe & fun trip!

Anonymous said...

what a great celebration week! that cake is just incredible. i am so excited for you guys that you get to go to wicked! can't wait to see pictures.

melanie said...

WHAT???? alaska???? how did y'all swing that? awesome......have fun!

Sara Laverty said...

wow! what a week! so exciting to be done and now to enjoy a great summer! y'all are going to be so relaxed by the time the second day comes of the cruise, you'll forget all the stress of school!! :) miss you and hope you have a WONDERFUL time! can't wait to see pictures!

Kelley said...

yeah for chances to eat cake and celebrate! It looks like it was a great week!