Thursday, December 16, 2010

whisper of pepermint

Tomorrow is "Christmas Eve" for my family. We are on a rotation, and this year all of us girls are headed to our husband's home for actual Christmas...except for Kendall, who's on bed rest. :)

It snowed last night, leaving a glorious winter wonderland...at least from the warmth of my bedroom. I'm not exactly sure what the roads are like, except for the slippery account of my husband on the way to work this morning via back roads that rarely get plowed.

All of my gifts are wrapped!!! I bought a roll of double sided wrapping paper at Sam's club 3 years ago, and I still have enough for the next 7 years!!! Sam's doesn't mess around!

Tucker is going to meet Santa tomorrow!!! Mom bought him an outfit before he was born, and I hope it fits! I have a back up outfit just in case. Stone and Tucker will get to sit on Santa's lap together!

I apparently like peppermint this year! It all started when Chick-fil-A's marketing group posted the most amazing looking picture of a milkshake at their drive through, convincing me to try a flavor that I usually flee from. It continued when I tasted a candy cane Hershey kiss! Brilliant!!!

Tomorrow night we will continue with the tradition of White Elephant on Christmas Eve with my family. I have yet to pick my gift, but I know it will be good :D

Stay tuned next week for a fully loaded picture post (hopefully!) before we fly to Louisiana for Christmas! *Also, any tips that you have for flying with a 4 month old will be greatly appreciated! :D

1 comment:

Keller TeenMOPS said...

Head to Trader Joe's and get the Candy Cane Jo-Jo's (fake Oreos). Om...wow!

We flew with Luke at Thanksgiving...no prob! Kept him in the Baby Bjorn facing outward most of the time. Nursed him on the first flight (little tricky with the armrests), but opted for a bottle on the way back. Mostly he slept. Ask for the bulkhead when you get to the gate. It has more room for passing the baby back and forth (and for Andy to stretch out his legs!) Good luck--you'll do great! Oh, and read up on your airline to see, but American doesn't count the carseat, stroller or diaper bag toward your baggage or carry-on allowances. Plus, you can bring extra fluids for a baby thru security as long as it's reasonable. Like a bottle of water (just say it's for formula, even if it's for you!). For future reference, you can even bring baby food and juices. Security will take less time if you bring something still originally sealed (though they might make you open it). Just pull it out of your bag, put it in the bin and say "this is for the baby". Good luck!