Tucker James,You are 5 months old, little mister!!! I just can't even believe how time has flown! I feel like January has just flown by, and that you have become such a big boy in such a short amount of time!
Right after we got home from Christmas, you began taking only 3 naps a day and eating 5 times a day! At first we struggled to move you past only sleeping 45 minutes, but then realized that you needed your arms swaddled again to feel comfy and safe! Once we did that, you slept like a baby (hahaha)...for a few days until one night you rolled over!!! Yes, ROLLED OVER!!!Daddy had just come in from your room, picked up the monitor and said, "Man, I JUST put him in the center of the crib, and he's all the way over on the side already! As he flashed me the monitor, I realized that you were not just on the side of your crib, but were on your stomach!!! Daddy ran into your room, and as I watched on the monitor an arm reach in and roll you back, you looked up at him with the biggest smile on your face, and such joy of accomplishment!!!
We had so much fun watching you do it again, the only problem was that you were fully swaddled :/...so we had to unswaddle you. You celebrated your freedom for almost 30 minutes as you lay there kicking, moving your arms, and trying to flip back over until finally you positioned yourself horizontally in your crib, head on one side, feet on the other, and feel fast asleep!
You have become very "handsy." It is so sweet to watch you reach out and touch the faces of the people who are holding you. You especially like to feel Daddy's beard! My favorite part is how cuddly you are when I get you up from your naps! I have treasured how you throw your little arms around me and snuggle up close while I take in your baby smell and warm little body! Don't get any bigger, Bud! I love my Mommy cuddles!
You are quite the charmer, still :) You smile with your whole face, and get so excited! You have begun showing your excitement but standing up, tensing up, and letting out a little grunt/yell! You are also holding on to so many things, but get frustrated when you can't get it into your mouth...your ultimate goal for anything you touch...including my cheeks, chin, hair, and nose :)
You still weight around 20 lbs, and were taking 7 oz. bottles, but I just moved you down to 6-I weaned you right around the time Pax was born, and I think you're just as happy with a bottle! (You are satisfied with that, and I'm getting spit up on less! :) You have even held your bottle and put in your mouth on your own! We started rice cereal a few weeks ago, and you eat like a champ! We just switched to oatmeal, and I think that's working well with your tummy I am so impressed by how well you eat off the spoon, and keep it in your mouth! I love putting you in your high chair because you seem so grown up! I will start making you some baby food here pretty soon.
You are a ticklish little guy! We give you zurburts on your tummy and tickle under your arms to make you giggle. You also still LOVE music!!! I can calm you down by singing This Little Light of Mine, Just a Closer Walk with Thee, and any other song I can think of! You are captivated by the sounds, and sometimes I even think you are trying to sing along!
We are practicing sitting up. You pull up to a sitting position while you are on our laps, but struggle a bit on the floor. Once you're up, you have great head control, but you like to slouch on the floor, so we aren't up for long. You're getting there, so we'll keep working!
Tucker, you are growing so fast! I am truly trying to soak up as much of you as I can every day. I snuggle up close to you, give you millions of kisses, love to interact with you. You are such sunshine, and Daddy and I just look at each other every night and comment on how much we love you! You are such a blessing, and I'm so excited watching you become the little man God made you! Thank you for your sweetness, and continue to be that way! I love you SO SO much!!! Muuuaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!Love, Mommy
6 comments:
Love the monthly letters! He is growing up so fast, and he is precious. Great job, Mama!
Happy 5 months Tucker!
I just love him! I wish I could hold him and kiss those cheeks!!
What a cutie!
awwwww, T man!!! I can't wait til we can get together again. I think it sounds like a fantastic idea for you to come out for Spring Break... although you can really come ANY week you want :) Seriously look for flights... that'd be so fun. Great new pics, Kel! Is the hand a snowflake/snow this month? I'm excited for you to start making baby food (and give us some tips!); I bet he'll love it. Is he staying on his back to sleep or do you find him rolled over to his tummy now? Awesome update. Miss you guys!!
cute pics! can't believe he is already 5 months and him and Lukey haven't met...no excuse! hope to plan something soon!! Let me know if you get some good recipes for baby food...
Post a Comment