I have been very excited about doing this, and can't wait to see what kinds of foods he likes! (Hope he's not picky like his Daddy ;)
I'm equipped with:
Martha Stewart's steamer:
And my Magic Bullet!!!Now, all I need is recipes!!! I would really like to start off with veggies, then move on to the fruits.
Please share your favorite baby food recipes! I really don't know where to start except to steam stuff and then mush it...that's about it ;)
Soooo, send 'em on!!! If you have a bunch, feel free to email them to me at kelbelle810@hotmail.com
Also, along with your recipes, how old was your baby when you started on these "solid foods?"
Thanks!
6 comments:
I used wholesomebabyfood.com
They let you know what age is best to start each food and any special precautions you need to take while making it. They also tell you how you can make your own baby cereal (which I often mixed with some of the more watery foods, such as blueberries or pears).
Make a bunch, freeze it in ice trays (each cube is about 1oz of food) and then transfer it to ziploc bags and you're good to go!
I have a recipe book I will lend you. Some look gross and I never made them for my boys, but some looked tasty and I tried them myself:) Will give it to your mom if I see her first!! Happy Eating Tucker:)
Have you ever considered using the Baby Led Solids method? Just curious. My little guy is one month younger that Tucker and I have been planning since before I was pregnant on making his baby food... UNTIL I found out about the BLS method. Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there.
Thought I might as well post a helpful link if it turns out to interest you.
http://baby-led-solids.blogspot.com/p/welcome-to-baby-led-solids_19.html
I always just steamed veggies, mashed them up and then I would freeze it into ice cube trays. One cube of food thawed is about the right amount of food.
I loved Annabel Karmel's baby food book...though I can't remember the name of the book right now...
As far as recipes, you really can just steam the veggies or fruit to a place where they can be mashed and then... well... there you go. Have fun mixing stuff after he's introduced. Freeze in the ice cube trays (you can get them at the dollar store on the cheap). And have fun! Since you're making food at home, you can make more "unusual" foods than you would be able to get with Gerber -- black beans and rice with corn was a favorite of Phoebe's at around 7 months.
Post a Comment