Andy and I like to frequent Sam's club. There are a few choice items there that we like to purchase, but it's mostly the experience that we like. There is just so much to look at, and let's not forget the free samples! Oh, the free samples! I have often had "lunch" at Sam's just by walking around and tasting a few savory treats.
Here recently, however, I have not had quite the "member" experience that I had often enjoyed. It actually started as early back as the later part of my pregnancy when a grown man stepped in front of me to steal the last mozzarella cheese stick. Well, the streak is back.
Last weekend we headed into our beloved Sam's, yet again for those few choice items. Being a Sunday, it was packed. Not really my cup of tea, but again, I mention the samples :)
As I stood in line with my cart, not once, but twice, I was cut in line by GROWN MEN!!! This has now happened 3 times to me!!! I was standing in line with my cart, and these men just stepped right in front of me! Both men were at least in their 50's, and I thought, that is someone's dad who just cut me. My own Dad would never have done that to someone!
The second time the man swooped right in, grabbed his Cinnamon Cheerios, then with his head down as he walked past me said, "uuhhh, sorry." What?! He was actually acknowledging that he had cut me!!!
Later, as we sat in the food court eating our ham and cheese sandwiches, I pointed out both men as they check out. Andy was appalled by their behavior, and naturally offered to defend my honor :)
I decided that a dual in Sam's Club might not be the best way to handle the situation, although it would have been quite a show for the thousands of people who were shopping there that day :)
Has anything like this ever happened to you?!
2 comments:
My nephew and I almost got plowed down by two women racing to get a free knife. I mean seriously people. Thankfully, my three year old wasn't with us. He probably couldn't move fast enought to move out of the way of their carts. On the other hand my nephew loves to go to Sams when they are giving out free "examples" (as he calls them). People seem to have forgotten what manners are. It just seems so silly to be so rude over a free piece of food.
Thats awful!!! How rude!! On a lighter note...my mom used to say "come on, lets go to sams for lunch" and we would eat the samples for lunch :) gotta love sams club!
Post a Comment