(I thought this picture of my new owlie salt and pepper shakers was appropriate. Aren't they cute?!)I feel as though I have been up with the latest social networkings for a few years now, from facebook to xanga, myspace, and now blogger. Facebook and blogger have been my favorite so far, and probably spend far too much of my life "stalking" people through these avenues.
However, recently, it dawned on me that Twitter has become very popular, but I have not felt the need to hop on this bandwagon. To be quite honest, I'm not sure I exactly get the point.
My understanding is that Twitter is basically the "status" portion of facebook, and isolated to this single use. The part I don't get is why you need BOTH facebook and twitter. I have also noticed that many people update their Twitter status and it shows up as their facebook status as well. Does this seem redundant to you, too?
I feel like now, most people are at least on facebook, and if this is the case, what is the need for Twitter?!
Please help me figure this out! If your explanations are persuasive enough, maybe I'll open a Twitter account!!!
3 comments:
I use both twitter and facebook, and at first I felt the same way that you do. However, I have found that there are a lot of people who only use twitter. I enjoy reading their updates and "following" them :)
PS. Tucker is such a cutie!
I love the salt and pepper shakers how cute!!!
I use both twitter and facebook it seems to me more bloggers use twitter
carrie
omg, I seriously can't live without twitter. I tweet allll the live long day with my blog friends and rarely use facebook anymore... twitter is just my place to vent and rant about whatever is on my mind. and I find those kinds of vents much less annoying on twitter.
Post a Comment