Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Anthro design workshop!

Oh, doesn't that sign just make your heart pitter patter?!  Walking into this store takes me to a place where I am a much cooler, funkier, skinnier, and richer version of myself.  I imagine my own home and closet being filled with these very items, and I am awesome :)

So, you can imagine our excitement when Mom and I heard that they have workshops where customers can come help create the displays in the store!!! Obviously, we signed up immediately, and attended our first workshop today!!!

Our group was creating "fur" for a paper mache Polar Bear.

The textures were made out of wax paper, which is what we were working with, and paper towel.  They will be combined on the form to make fur!!! How cool is that?!
Here is "Klondike," our polar bear.  We all gave name suggestions and then voted.  My choice was Fernando, but I guess no one else was on board ;)
We had a great time talking, creating, and making new friends!!! I will definitely go back and do this again!
Be sure to check your local Anthro because I think all of the stores offer this!  It's just too much fun to miss out on!

Mom and I also enjoyed a delicious lunch at Cafe Patachou.  Fun times!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool! I had another friend that went to that workshop!

Erin said...

Um, WAY fun!! What a cool thing to do with your mom!