As you know, St. Patty's Day was this week! All day I enjoyed seeing kids wearing green, or green stickers. I was especially amused during my lunch duty to look over 350 kids and see a sea of green!!!
Well, today we had a dance after school. The dance was not hosted by the school, but rather by a group of boys who were doing their Make a Difference Project. This project is done by 7th graders, where they must work in groups and come up with a project that will benefit others. It is much like the Pay it Forward movie and idea.
For a few weeks we heard that this dance was coming, but it was a little different because all of the money that was raised from the dance went to Breast Cancer Awareness. It was required that to enter the dance today, you must be wearing pink! So, once again, I was in awe of the sea of pink that I saw today in the lunch room, mostly because it seemed to be more abundant than the St. Patty's Day wear!
I thought of Andy's mom, who passed away from breast cancer, and thought how special it was that a group of Junior High kids were going to such great lengths to raise funds and awareness of this illness. I think she would be happy :)
The dance was a hit. I showed up for about 15 minutes after me and 3 kids finished the set design for Mulan (yay!), but left because after a long week, and a long day, the loud music and adolescents hyped up on sugar were causing me to be heavily overstimulated! The dance, though, did include many raffle prizes, and the HSE Stomp Team!!!! It was so exciting, and the kids loved it!
Well, I hate to end on a sad note, but Andy and I are sending Sophie to a new home tonight. We love her very much, but unfortuately due to our schedules, we can not provide her the life she needs. Sophie has grown into a wonderfully happy puppy who is full of love, energy, and kisses. She plays just as hard as Sookie, and they work out very hard! Since she is so small, though, she really needs constant supervision to complete her potty training. We have found her a home with a wonderful family with kids. Sophie will belong to their 9 year old daughter who has Muscular Distrophy. Because of our friendship with Drew, we felt that this family would be a perfect fit for Sophie!
Have a great weekend!
3 comments:
I am sorry about Sophie sometimes it just doesn't work out but glad she is going to a great home. That is really cool about the dance!
that's awesome about the dance! those guys did a great job. sorry about sophie :( but i'm sure that little girl is so very blessed!
sounds like you are doing the right thing for sophie! the place she is going sounds like a wonderful home for her!
Post a Comment