Tuesday, March 10, 2009

WHAM!

Hey folks!!! I'm back! If you have been wondering where I've been, I have been sick for the past 2 weeks. Yes, 2 weeks!!! I had an upper respitory viral infection, which put me down for the count. I lost my voice, and slept for almost a whole week!!! I went back to the doctor at the end of the first week and found out I had a secondary infection, so they gave me an antibiotic and a shot in the butt :/ I guess you never really realize how sick you are until you don't care that you have to drop your pants and get a shot of what only feels like a small child being pushed through the nell of edle!!!

The second week I spent trying to regain my strength. I actually got out of bed and went downstairs to see things other than the inside of my room. I attempted to go back to work on Wed., but that was a big mistake! The kids were so excited to see me after being gone for a week and a half, which was sweet, but I could barely stand up on my own. I went home and didn't go back until yesterday.

I do have to say that my family is wonderful. Andy took care of me in the evenings when he got home from work, feeding me medicine, laying with me in bed, forcing fluids on me, and giving me anything I needed. During the day, Mom and Dad saved the day!!! The first week when I couldn't get out of bed, Dad came over and took care of me, while cleaning the kitchen! The next two days, Mom came over and did the same, but took care of all of our laundry. She even helped me clean out my closet, which was stuffed with extra clothes that I didn't need. I know that I am a "grown up" now, but it was nice to still have my parents take care of me! :) Not that I don't love it when Andy does too :)

In other news, Andy has lost about 45 lbs!!! He is the Incredibly Handsome Shrinking Man!!! Literally! He is looking like a whole new person, not to mention how wonderful he feels to be so physically active! He is playing basketball at least 2 times a week, and we're taking walks with the puppies now that the weather is nicer! For those of you far away, I will try to snap a picture of him soon and post his progress!!!

That's all for now!!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow I am glad you are feeling better I wondered where you had been. Congrats to Andy what has he been doing?

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you were so sick. That is great that your husband has lost so much weight. My husband has lost 30 lbs and he feels so much better. He started doing Weight Watchers with me and has been doing so well on it.

Annikke said...

Sorry to hear you were so sick! Glad you are back amongst the living again!

Mother Hood said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Hey I was beginning to wonder about you. Glad you're feeling better. Sorry you were so sick.

That's great news about Andy, I'm sure he feels much better.

Sarah Rose said...

Two WEEKS? Yuck!

And 45 pounds? Wow! We miss you guys -- I'd so love to see pictures of the incredible shrinking man!

Anonymous said...

ICK! i am so sorry you were sick! I was for one week. not half as bad as TWO!!!! glad your back to blogging land, congrats to Andy, annnnd I LOVE YOUR BLOG DECOR!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your new blog look. yes, I think we need a before and on going picture of Mr. Andy! He looks incredibly fabulous! Keep up the good work Andy...we are so proud of you and our joy comes from hearing how much you enjoy your new and improved active life style! Must run! Glad you are on the mend! vacation is just a blink of an eye away! Love, Mom xoxoxoxoxoxo

Abby♥ said...

aww well I'm glad ur feeling better.

45 pounds?!!! that's awesome.
I also like ur new blog look.

Sara Laverty said...

sooooooooooo glad you are back and better than ever! :D and so excited to hear about andy's progress! wow!

counting down the days till i get to see you!!!!!!!!!

Kelley said...

oooh goodness! I'm glad your back in the land of the living! Take care of yourself!