Sunday, March 29, 2009

Decluttering Success!

A few posts ago I talked about my inspiration for decluttering my house. I know that I can often be a lot of talk with little action, or be super excited about a project, but never complete it, so I wanted to show evidence of the great strides that my husband and I have been taking to take care of the home that the Lord has blessed us with. Here are some Before and Afters of our kitchen area. I also did the fridge and the pantry, but did not include photos.
BEFORE (do you see Sookie?!)

AFTER

BEFORE
AFTER!
We also finally hung curtains in the dining room and family room, thanks to my super handy and creative husband! We got these curtains at Goodwill!!!! It's amazing what kind of nice stuff rich people will just give to Goodwill! Oh, well. One man's trash is another man's treasure!
Now, here we have the gorgeous Amy Butler fabric that I purchased for an apron. The apron is just about done, and then I will show more pics!

And, why not end with some fun pictures of that crazy kid, Sookie! We bought her this cute St. Patty's day tee from Old Navy, and decided that pink is definately her color. She LOVES to look out the window. She often lays on top of the couch in the family room so she can watch the back yard. She's big fun! :D
Look at this face! Isn't she adorable?!
Ok, current countdown to Spring Break- 5 days from now we'll be in the car on the way to be beach!!! I have been tanning (lol, that's probably another post all in itsel!) Hope you enjoy the pictures!








7 comments:

mckenziegordon said...

way to go on keeping things neat! I feel so much better about life in general when my house is clean. Also I'm still very interested in one of those aprons...so cute!

Abby♥ said...

Wow you did a great job cleaning! I love before-and-after pictures. :) keep up the good work... that reminds that i need to make my bed. hmpphh:D

Amber said...

looks great! I love a clean house!

Anonymous said...

wow! great job! everything looks so amazing! way to go, gebbs. and i love your new drapes and family room layout. having the furniture like that opens it up more. can't wait for sookie to come see us this weekend!!!

Annikke said...

I love thrift stores... you know that ol' saying "One man's junk is another man's treasures!" I have found awesome things at thrift stores - some even brand new/with tags still on it!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the decluttering! Your kitchen is so spacious...

Hope you have a good week!

Alison Mayes said...

Do you want to come to my house and declutter? I love the St Patty's tee. I bought a Valentine's tee from Old Navy for my dog and I loved it!