Well, the countdown continues, and tomorrow is my last day of school, and we leave for the beach on FRIDAY! :D I can't believe that I'll be seeing the sweet ocean and that soft sand in just 3 days! (we'll actually get there on Saturday) Now, in preparation for this glorious event, I thought it might be a good idea to go tanning ahead of time!
I've always been a pale person with sensitive skin. I do believe that "pale" is quite an understatement. I look like paper, and doctors have often thought I was anemic :/ The tanning process has usually been necessary in trips to the beach, but most of these times have gone better than this.
In addition to being practically see through, I have very dry and sensitive skin. Because of this, I have to take things slow. I usually go for about 2 weeks, every other day. This time, I got a great deal, and am only signed up for one, going every day. Again I took things slow, but have definately hit a road block. My tanning lotion apparently has NO SPF or sunblock in it. And, although I was only going for 6 minutes at a time, I get red and puffy after each session.
They upgraded my bed level the other day, and when I came home, not only was I red and puffy, I was also tingly and itchy!!!!! Don't worry, this has happened before, but that does not change the fact that it does not feel good!!!! So, at this point, I may just go once more and then load on the SPF 75 at the beach!
All of this to say that even after 4 tanning sessions, NO ONE can tell that I've gone! ...and I've asked!!! :/ Oh, well! I still plan on having a great time at the beach!
9 comments:
mmm the beach that sounds amazing! I have to admit I'm slightly jealous that your going. Have fun!!!
Have fun at the beach!
Beach really I am so jealous!
The beach sounds great! Have a wonderful time! Don't get burned!
my advice...enjoy the beach from the safe shade the cabana. in the evenings, apply the fake tanner :) you have to come home with SOMETHING!
I actually JUST started blogging. So you haven't missed much! So glad we can all use blog to keep in touch!
for you info (a little late) my mary kay sunscreen is great. it REALLY protects and you tan too. pretty amazing product!
I'm pathetically white too....more like a constant shade of red! AND I can never tan! I hope you have a blast on your spring break!
I am a fan of your site come by and check it out!
Post a Comment