Thursday, April 23, 2009

Garage Sales!

It's that time again! Its starting to warm up (well, slowly, but surely), and those glimmering signs are starting to appear. I was driving to work this week and they were practicly glowing in the early morning mist, "Garage Sale!" I was am so excited, I don't know if I can wait until "Fri-Sat. 8-3!"

It has always fascinated me to look through other people's "goods." I try to restrain myself as much as possible, and only barter on must have items, but every once in a while, I girl's just gotta buy a random object because it looks cool, and I might need it one day!

I believe I scored my best Garage Sale item a few years ago. Before Andy and I were married, actually. I can't remember where I was, but a lady was selling a few of her old things and also a few of her friend's as well. From down the street I saw this gorgeous piece of furniture, and knew that it had to be mine!
This desk belonged to her friend's Grandmother from when she was growing up! It is in fabulous condition, and I got it for a steal! Dad helped me clean it up a bit, and it now rests soundly in our entryway!

Any other Garage Sale fans out there? What was your best purchase?!!!! Maybe we should start a club ;)

10 comments:

Caroline said...

OHHH I LOVE YARD SALES!!! Those are the best ever!! I know what my summer will be spent doing!!! going to yardsales!!! ohhh... I have found lots of neat things, lamps, clothes, purses, jewelry, shoes, room decor!! uggggg so fun!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful piece of furniture. I might just have to get up early Sat and see what's out there.

beckylbranch said...

Wow that is a find! It's a beautiful desk. I love going to estate sales because they have awesome stuff and you never know what you will find :)

Unknown said...

Great find! I just love yard sales!

beckylbranch said...

Hey! My friend summer got it for me from Etsy!

here is the address:
mamadamadesigns.etsy.com

Abby♥ said...

I love yardsales!

great find!~

Annikke said...

I love yard sales too.

That desk is gorgeous!!!

mom said...

I think one of my favorite garage sale items was from last year when we girls went garage saleing with Allison in L-ville. I found 2 pairs of antique cuff links for myself...a great buy from a lady who was crazy crazy...but I still had fun! Happy Shopping! Love, mom oxoxoxoxoxo

Kelley said...

What a great find! that piece of furniture is just beautiful! You have inspired me to go garage sale-ing!

Pea Pod Mommy said...

I really like this piece! Good find.