Well, there are MANY more to come! I'll add more when I can. It may be a while, though, because we are heading south on Tuesday for Andy's brother's wedding! We are SO excited for Bryan and Christine, and can't wait to Finally get to be a part of the festivities!
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Alaska!
I finally downloaded the 231 pictures from my camera, but unfortunately only about a quarter of them are ready to be loaded onto the lovely web. I know this post will seem extremely long, but I promise that this is only a few of the good ones from the quarter that I already altered! Anyways, Alaska was incredible, and I had so much fun seeing it for the second time! The best part was watching Andy enjoy everything, because I've wanted to take him here since before we got married! I apologize, but these are not in chronilogical order. They loaded weird, and I may not be able to remember where exactly everything was at! :) Well, here we go!
Waterfall in Skagway
Right before we heading into the mines to find our fortune in gold!
I LOVE this picture! I want to put it on our Christmas card :)
This plow is still used to this day to break up all the ice on the tracks in the winter! How cool is that?!
Still in Skagway
Juneau!...I think :)
We were just walking along, and we looked up and saw one of the last 8 original Ben Franklin stores in the whole country! Andy's Grandpa owned many Ben Franklin stores, so we had a great time walking down memory lane...well, he did. I had never actually been to one before, but it was so cool!
Here is the fabulous Red Dog Saloon. We enjoyed this spot when I went with my family before, so a photo op was a must during the second time around!
Coca-Cola wants us for their spokespeople. We look good with the bear ;)
Andy was thrilled to see the Bald Eagles! I think this was the first time I had seen them as well, and they were so cool! I was comforted to know that if needed, Andy could chase after an eagle because he shares almost the same wing span :)

Ketchikan! We really liked this place. I found a hole in the wall art store there, and the best part was they had the most amazing fudge!!! I know, I know, we went to Alaska, and all we bought was fudge! Sounds weird, but if you know us at all it makes total sense :)
First formal night!
The oh so coveted life jackets. Ironically, we had to walk past 4 life boats before we arrived at ours :/ Not sure what that was about, but I clearly decided that if I found myself in a Titanic type situation, I'd find myself in a safe spot on that first boat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I think we need to go to Alaska now! Wow!
Will you be heading south through Alabama at all? Or do you go another route?
your trip looked like so much fun!
Great pictures!
Great pictures! My most fav so far is undoubtedly the one with the "coal mine" hats on! WHY did you not bring one back for me?!! I could be totally wearing that around the resort...you know, looking for things...or stuff...stuff and things/things and stuff..ho hum. Hey...what do you expect...i've been up since 3:30! Thanks for sharing some pics...it is a fabulous preview to our upcoming "slide show"!!! Have a safe and fun trip! NO candy!...but I'm sure you can have cake! Love you...love mom xoxoxox
awesome! makes me wanna go!
looking forward to spending time with y'all!
Stev Said...
Great pictures, I can't wait to see the rest.
great pictures! So, did you find your fortune in gold? hehe. I recently went panning for gold, and didn't find my 5 lb. nougat that I was sure I would find. :)hehe
Post a Comment