Monday, July 27, 2009

Laundry Question!

Hello! I just got back from a big week of traveling! Last weekend, Andy and I were in Dallas for his brother, Bryan's wedding. Christine looked Gorgeous, and I have tons of fun pics to post soon! This weekend, Mom and I headed to Chi-town :) for my friend, Casey's wedding. We had a wonderful time relaxing, shopping, and eating!

Ok, now onto the point of my post. I have noticed that my current laundry deteregent (Gain) is causing my clothes to fade and look more worn than they actually are. I want to switch to a new deteregent that will keep all of my colors bright and looking brand new for a very long time. Any suggestions?
Also, what does "Color Safe Bleach" mean? Does that mean that it will continue to set your colors, keeping them looking new? Or does that mean that I am only supposed to use it on my whites, but if it gets on colors it will be ok? Please help!!!

Last, but not least, my friend Whitney, at The Glamorous Housewife is giving away a beautiful bracelet! You'll need your creative juices, but be sure to check it out!!! :D

6 comments:

Tara Smith said...

I use Tide total care. It is wonderful! My clothes do not fade and it smells really good. It is in an orange bottle. It is a little pricey but it beats having to buy new clothes! We had so much fun hanging out with ya'll in Dallas!

Anonymous said...

i think tide works the best, but for a pretty penny. if you're not trying to save money, i'd go with tide. i've also used "all" and love that too.

of course, we can only use the HE degergents, which slims my choices, since we have the front loaders :)

The Shillingburg's said...

I use TIDE. We haven't had any issues with it at all.

Kelley said...

I've been using the costco brand and it seems to work pretty well. I've thought about making my own it's supposed to be pretty good for the clothes.

Megan said...

I use Cheer, but I'm almost out & am thinking about buying some detergent from here: http://www.crunchyclean.com/

I was sent a sample with something I ordered & it smelled so good :)

Anonymous said...

I use Tide Free....alot of times fading is really detergent build-up. Make sure you aren't using too much especially if you have a water softener. I don't blog but couldn't resist giving my input. Just check in occasionaly to see how my fav families are doing...Potters/Smiths/Parkers:) Hope this helps!!! Hugs~Erin Page