Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Birthday!

Well, isn't she just a cutie?! :D

Yesterday was my 27th birthday. 27!!! I can't even believe it! I am no longer in the realm of "young" in my mind. LOL, in the grand scheme of things I'm not old, but there is just something about that number!

So, yesterday my parents and grandpa came over for my Birthday Lunch!
Each of us have a "birthday meal" that we get to enjoy on our birthday, and mine is breakfast food! (Trey, wish you had been here!) Last year we had Beignets, and this year we did waffles!
Andy was an amazing host, and flawlessly prepared sausage, eggs, and hash browns!!!

People have been telling me that I don't look pregnant from behind, which I've never been able to see ;), so mom took a picture!
I guess they were right, and then....
oh yeah! And here is all of our delicious food!!!
Since I was the birthday girl, I really wasn't supposed to work, which I didn't mind. But I wanted to do a couple of things, one being the waffles! I like pouring the batter and getting the waffles out...until:
This. In my defense, the waffle maker had gotten turned off in the food preparation process, making this a sad little waffle a huge disaster. Let's just say that I quickly relinquished my waffle duty to Dad, the pro.
Everyone really enjoyed the meal!
We were totally stuffed, and it was SO good!!!
Mom and Dad also brought flowers! The roses are gorgeous, and I just love having fresh flowers in the house!
LOL, so in between lunch and cake, we decided to watch old home movies. Earlier in the day, I pointed out that a few of my Christmas items had mysteriously not made their way back into the boxes, and so I had random nativity scenes sitting out. THEN, in one of the videos, it showed me opening that same nativity scene!!! Isn't that hilarious! Now, I don't know about you, but I think I look the same as I did when I got it ;)
And then we finished off the day with my DELICIOUS cookie cake that dad picked out!!! It was soooo good!!!
So, now that my birthday is over, Tucker can come any time...except this Friday...the 13th. I feel like things are brewing down there. My belly has been crampy, but I know that is just Braxton Hicks. I hope I'll have had some progress by my appointment tomorrow!!!

Oh, yeah, and my sketchbook came for The Sketchbook Project! Check it out here!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lovely day!

Annikke said...

Sounds like you had a terrific birthday!

mom said...

Oh Kel...it was soooo much fun yesterday! YUM!!! Grand food and fellowship! Happy Birthday...one more time this year! :D

You will be an excellent mom...I see you be such an encourager to your husband and just experienced that first hand myself from you!

I'm diving into my Sketchbook Project...immediately after I have a bite of lunch...Andy's fantastic cooking...well it made me hungry ALL over again...I just realized in reading this post, that I snacked on that "trial" waffle and THEN ate my own...no wonder I feel rolly poly today!

I LOVED watching the childhood videos with you and look forward to introducing Tucker to them over the next few weeks...I'm sure he will be greatly entertained!...Speck so. Love you much! You look so beautiful...really! :D God Bless, Love, mom oxoxoxoxo

Whitney said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :) Girl, you are about to POP! I bet you are really feeling the discomfort, aren't ya? Ahhh! He's coming so soon! I can't wait to see your little ones face. And I can not BELIEVE your sis is preg too and that you ALL HAVE BOYS!!!! Hahahha! That is fantastic!

Erin said...

Happy birthday!!! And wait, which sister is pregnant!??! Did I miss something!?!?

Kelley said...

happy birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Michelle said...

Sounds like an awesome birthday to me! You are the cutest little pregnant lady ever!