This is the canvas that my mom made for Tucker's Dedication! I completely freaked out when I saw it!!! First, as mom and I have created together, we have always had very different styles. She has commented many times on how she never felt comfortable with the mixed media technique that I use. So, when I saw all of her layering, I knew she had really reached out of her comfort zone to make something that she knew I would love!
She hid lots of special things within the piece, including pictures of the crosses from our church, fleur dis lis, my hands, Andy and I holding hands, and her fingerprints.
I love the torn papers that she hand created with drawings of music lines that read the words to "Jesus Loves Me."
As this hangs in Tucker's room, it will be a constant reminder (along with many other elements of his room) of God's unconditional love for Him, and His desire for him to accept his free gift of eternal life.
It's so beautiful, and I just love it when people "make the presents!" :D
6 comments:
That is awesome. I love it too. So creative and so awesome!
This is amazing!! It reminds me of a piece of art I saw at an art museum in NY. The more I look at it, the more things I see worked into it. This is soooo creative and wonderful. I love it! What an awesome gift for your son.
That is truly awesome! i love al of it!
She did a great job! Cute!!
That is something he will treasure forever!
That is awesome! Your mom is such a talented lady.
Post a Comment