Sunday, May 17, 2009

60 years!

Friday, my grandparents, who are affectionately known as The G's, celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary!!! We were thrilled to celebrate this with them. Pictured below is the happy couple with Mom, Andy and I, Kendall and Luke. Dad is on a business trip, and Allison, Zack, and Little Pumpkin had to head back to L-ville. Grandpa ordered this gorgeous 5 dozen red roses to place on the alter this morning at their church. We had a great time worshiping with them, and couldn't help but snap a pic on at the same place we were pronounced husband and wife almost 2 years ago!


After service we enjoyed a delicious brunch at Tulip Noire. It was such a cute place, and they even put whipped cream on my chocolate milk! Mom and I split eggs benedict and chocolate chip pancakes with cherry syrup!

Now, to back track a bit, the whole family, including Dad and the Parkers, celebrated the G's anniversary with dinner at none other than Ruth Chris!!


When we got home, we presented the G's with their gifts, and then Mom and Dad had one for each of the other couples! Since Andy and I will be celebrating our 2nd Anniversary on June 2, they gave us one of our gifts early while everyone was there. As you can see from my excitement, we REALLY liked the gift!

Mom and Dad signed us up for a private cooking class with the head chef of MAGGIANOS!!!! We are signed up for the Fall class that features special fall recipes that we get to take home, and lots of yummy taste testing!!!! Thanks Mom and Dad! And, thank you, G's for giving us such a wonderful example of marriage! Very few couples make it to 60 years these days, and Andy and I look forward to following in your footsteps! Only 58 more years to go!
***Yeah! I didn't have any pictures yet, so I was going to wait to talk about it, but thanks to Elizabeth, I have a picture! We had our Women's Group Tea this Saturday, before Ruth Chris, and the theme was the Bride of Christ. Mom gave an exceptional talk on preparing ourselves to meet our groom, Jesus, and how our hearts should be ready at anytime to present ourselves as we would want him to see us. As a fun thing, we asked woman of the church to donate their dresses for a fashion show. I was honored to model a beautiful dress from the 60's, and the original Bride's mother made the dress, and hat :), for her!!!!

These were all of the bride models! Some girls were even wearing them Mom or Grandmother's dresses!!! Do you see me with the floppy hat?! It was big fun! I'll post any more pictures that I get on the way!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pictures! we had a blast with you guys this weekend. wish we could have been there sunday. mom said tulip noir is fabulous! and i love your wedding ensemble!

mom said...

You reflect the Bride of Christ...just look at that glowing face! It reflects LOVE clearly... no matter what garment you are wearing! Your table was beautiful and I loved being with my girls at the tea!
I think you and Andy will LOVE the cooking class! Dad and I have been SOOOO excited to give that gift to you...oh, my...we have become Andy! ah tee hee hee! Have a great day! Love, mom oxoxoxoo

melanie said...

ANDY!!!!! you look amazing......how on earth have you done the weight lose? good going

Elizabeth said...

You looked so lovely in that hat:) As always though!