Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Kelly's Keepers

I am a collector. I always have been, and probably always will be. When I was younger, my mom gave me a cardboard box labeled, "Kelly's Keepers" to keep under my bed. Anything that I wanted to hold onto went into that box. Unfortunately, i continued to hold on to many more "goods" that did not fit into my box. My parents just found the "Kelly's Keepers" recently, and we had a grand time going through my choices of "must save" items! :D

This "illness" has carried over into my adult life as well. And, on top of that, I married a fellow saver. Let's just say there is not enough attic and closet space at this moment. Although I have begun a journey of decluttering, as previously blogged about, my habbits still continue.

As my students have been making collages throughout the year, I join them in their searches through magazines. Along with this comes many "finds" that must be kept. Some of these are pictures are of things that I want to create myself, such as painting ideas, or how to make textures... Others are step by step craft projects, such as a fantastic quilting tutorial I found yesterday!!! Others are organizational projects, or just funny pictures :D Either way, I have made myself a nice little collection! Now, I must come up with a creative way to organize them. Sofmething crafty. A binder, maybe? A corkboard?...which I have ready to doll up, by the way :)
Anyone else a collector of things?!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

hhmmmmm.. I Collect
-postcards
-Nancy drew books
-coins
-buttons

Thats about it. And thank goodness those are all things that do not take up to much space!

Kelley said...

i have a kelly's/kelley's keepers box too....however I never thought to call it that! It totally full of random cards, pictures, articles, medals, and little things....

I need a chest to fit everything I want in it!

Anonymous said...

eI collect wonderful daughter-in-laws. I would never hang them on the wall, put them in a box under the bed, or in the attic/storage room. I like to keep them out for all to see and to be blessed by. I feel so very fortunate to be the father of the three fine guys who chose those three fine wives of which you are 1/3 of the package.

Annikke said...

I am SO not a collector, but my husband is! He can not throw ANYTHING away! I throw everythng away and wish later I hadn't!!!

Anonymous said...

lint

Megan said...

kelly, i must confess that i read your blog from time to time :) i'm going to visit with tara & her sweet girls next week! thanks for dropping by my blog & i'd love to help you with a bag tag!