I always think of the funniest things to write about on my blog while I'm at work, but like many thoughts that I don't write down, they quickly fleet my mind! I am trying to rack my brain to think of my topic from earlier today (I'm thinking it was something in the lunch room...) but it's gone, for now. :D In the mean time, I'll share some fun observations that can really only be appreciated in the life of Junior High!
*Drawing on your binder is cool.
*Pants are so tight now that a boyfriend/girlfriend couple could actually share a pair. Go Emo!
(real life couple example to prove this point)
*12-14 year olds really do only have about a 3 foot circle of awareness. The teacher is not included in this circle.
* It's funny to knock kids books out of their hands.
* It's also funny to scuddle through the hallways.
* No nutritional items will be consumed by the time you take your tray up.
* Awkward hugs between girls mean you are BFF.
* Awkward hugs between boy/girl means "I think I like you, let's go out, wait a teacher is watching."
*The 80's are being revived through a generation who has no real idea of what a disaster that really is.
*It is cool to wear any neon colored denim pant that hugs your leg all the way down.
* Sometimes you just fall out of your chair. (Another real life example if necessary!)
Yes, these really are based on my daily life. As an addicted and dedicated People Watcher, I don't think I could be in a better environment to watch the behaviors and habits of the human race! The hilarity's that blossom from a Junior High lunch rooms fascinate me to the core. I just can't not watch the train wreck :D
This is a dedication to my job. Thank goodness for laughter!
8 comments:
That is a super hilarious list! I laughed out loud!
haha this is all so true! I am a junior high student, and am familiar with all of it. NOT a big fan of skinny colored pants, that are so tight that you can't breath in them. And i have the type in my class to fall out of the chair all the time. And yes, it is a fad for people to draw with sharpie on notebooks. Amongst the girls at my school, it's popular to put pictures in them. thanks for the laugh, and remembrance!:) I bet the kids love you!
oh and i left a little something for you at my blog...
so funny I have a middle schooler so can relate!
Oh man, that brings back memories. Junior high was fun.
Yep I am familar with that stuff! ick, skinny colored jeans.... MOst of the fashion advice that is dished out to you in junior high is pretty ugly! ;)
ha! what a great job :) your list is hilarious!
how funny! Oh goodness, I would never want to relive my mid school days....eek, so much awkwardness!
Post a Comment