They are also very important to Andy because as he also experienced them as worship leaders, he had the honor of being their bus driver at the mere age of 20! Andy successfully and skillfully drove a 45 foot tour bus with a 20 foot trailer attached! Although he loved his life on the road, once the band got REALLY big, he was underage for the insurance.
The band has always been very special to us, to say the least! About a month or so ago, you may have heard that the band was involved in a tragic automobile accident. Although the band was OK, their bus was pretty messed up. While they stayed the weekend in town, we were able to loan them our SUV to tool around town in! It was great to see the guys, and we were happy to help them out with any needs that they had.
Now, I must stop here to interject a comment. At the time, I had not been using the car for very long as "my own," and was still getting used to all the bells and whistles. We had brought in a random CD and DVD to test that everything was working, and that was my last thought.
When the band returned the car, they thanked Andy, then mentioned that they really enjoyed my Plus One cd!!!! PLUS ONE?!!! (If you're not familiar, they are the christian music industry's attempt at N'Sync.) THAT was the random CD i used to test the car!!!!
Well, let's just say that I was more than embarrassed, and wasn't even there to defend my apparent music choice! Since then, I have filled all 6 CD slots. I was really wanting some good worship music, and didn't realize at the time that I had done this, but my 6 CD changer is now filled 5/6 slots with ...you guessed it. Mercy Me.
Tonight, Andy and I were on a joy ride, and I hit the CDs. We had a great time listening to old school fav Mercy Me songs. We often joke that, "we LOVE mercy me!" (in a very super-fan fanatic type way-mimicking many of the over obsessed fans that he used to see on the road), but in all actuality, as I've explained previously, their music really brings us back to some great times in our lives. As we were listening, we ran into this song that I remember playing OVER, and OVER, and OVER again. It's called In You.
I put my hope in You
I lay my life in palm of your hand
I'm constantly drawn to You Lord
In ways I cannot comprehend
It's the Creator calling the created
The Maker beckoning the made
The bride finding what she's always waited for
When we find ourselves that day
[CHORUS:]
In You where the hungry feast at the table
The blind frozen by colors in view
The lame will dance, They'll dance for they are able
And the weary find rest
Oh the weary find rest in You
It's no secret that we don't belong here
Those set apart by the grace of You
And we look for the day when we go to a place
Where the old becomes brand new
I lay my life in palm of your hand
I'm constantly drawn to You Lord
In ways I cannot comprehend
It's the Creator calling the created
The Maker beckoning the made
The bride finding what she's always waited for
When we find ourselves that day
[CHORUS:]
In You where the hungry feast at the table
The blind frozen by colors in view
The lame will dance, They'll dance for they are able
And the weary find rest
Oh the weary find rest in You
It's no secret that we don't belong here
Those set apart by the grace of You
And we look for the day when we go to a place
Where the old becomes brand new
I love the picture of heaven that this song paints. I recognized the intro to this song tonight, and as it played, memories came flooding back. I got goosebumps as I envisioned being in heaven one day, and what a joy that is going to be!!!! I LOVE this song!!!
Well, Bart, if by some small chance you actually read our blog, thank you for your music. It has brought me to a place the throne of God in worship many times in a way that few other things do. Thank you for so vividly painting a picture of heaven in both I Can Only Imagine (another favorite), In You, and so many others.
Well, Bart, if by some small chance you actually read our blog, thank you for your music. It has brought me to a place the throne of God in worship many times in a way that few other things do. Thank you for so vividly painting a picture of heaven in both I Can Only Imagine (another favorite), In You, and so many others.
2 comments:
I, too LOVE Mercy Me. That is incredible that you loaned them your SUV AND Andy used to DRIVE their bus. Amazing. I remember them as a teenager leading worship for a conference that was held in our area too. They're awesome.
Plus One is awesome too though. :)
What a great story! I love Mercy Me as well, and have a funny story about their music!
When I was in college, there was a radio station that was taken over and was to become a Christian station. While they were getting everything ready for it to launch they played I Can Only Imagine over and over, for like 1-2 weeks. It was a little overwhelming, but it never failed that if I flipped to that station, I would listen to that song for 5 minutes until I changed the station! They make some incredibly inspirational music!
Post a Comment