Sunday, November 22, 2009

Winners!

I wouldn't say that I'm a competitive person. My lack of skill in any one area pretty much ruled out a competitive spirit at a very young age. I am, however, pleasantly surprised whenever I DO win something!

Through out my many years of dance, a few awkward years of intramural basketball, and choir competitions, I never came out with more than just a metal or a ribbon. Don't get me wrong, I was always super excited to win. I just noticed over the years that my sisters had won trophies from various events, and I always thought that was neat. Going through Andy's MANY awards, ribbons, trophies and newspaper clippings, I was always in awe at his greatness! I never had much to show in return :/ :D...Until now.


I won my FIRST TROPHY!!!!! That's right. I'm one of FJH's Turkey Bowl Champions! That's right, I bowled with a real frozen turkey, and my team won!!!

Isn't it a beaut!

Now, I was not the only one who competed in bizarro events this week. Andy was a proud participant of Donkey Basketball!!! The school was fundraising for the basketball team, and asked the local fire fighters and teachers to compete in donkey basketball.
Here is Andy giving his donkey a few pointers as they went into the game. His skills were so grand that he made the local newspaper!!!

Have you ever won a crazy award?! I want to know what it is!!! :D

3 comments:

Erin said...

Ha ha, funny post! Love the trophy! :)

Kelley said...

That's so awesome! Maybe I should start bowling with frozen turkeys. The off shape may work in my benefit.

And I'm right with ya, I'm pretty bad at anything involving hand-eye coordination!

abby said...

haha- that's so cool! bowling with a frozen turkey... that's a new one!:)