Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blizzards!

I like ice cream. A lot. Last summer Andy found that Dairy Queen has a Blizzard Fan Club!!! Y'all, this was good news!

If you go to their website, scroll all the way down to the bottom, and all you have to do is enter your name, birthday, and email! If I remember correctly, we got a coupon for a free Blizzard just for signing up, a free one on your birthday, and then every month you get a BOGO coupon for each of the Blizzards of the Month!

This month's blizzard is the Turtle Pecan Cluster. Andy really likes this one.

My favorite was the Tagalong Blizzard, with the Girl Scout cookies, and chocolate ice cream!

Andy had tried this month's blizzard last week and LOVED it, so last night we printed off the coupon, and off we went!!! I got a chocolate with Snickers...yummmmyy!!! I guess the high school kid working inside mixed up our order, and they made a Chocolate Extreme on accident! We were totally thrilled, and brought home 3 Blizzards!

Don't worry, the extreme one is still in the freezer!

You should definitely go sign up to be a part of the Blizzard Fan Club! Let me know what your favorite Blizzard treat is! :D

5 comments:

Sarah Rose said...

Believe it or not, there's a DQ just down the street from us... but we have NEVER been there. I think we just might have to join the club and go try it out!

Anonymous said...

Oh Man! There is not a DQ anywhere near me.. but when I was in college.. Snickers and Choc. was my favorite : )

k_stin said...

Yeah--no DQ by me, either. But it was THE place to go for ice cream where I grew up. I was always just a mint oreo kind of girl, but my grandpa liked the Hawaiian and Tropical, so I kind of like to get those (when I go home to visit) to remember the good ol' times.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info!
Yummy ice cream!
:-)
-Jen

Sara Laverty said...

i love dq! i havent been there in forever! the girl that cut my hair about 4 years ago was married to a dq owner - he would bring whatever kind of blizzard we wanted over when we got our hair done! so fun. but she doesn't cut my hair any more...which is probably for the best - she wasn't awesome. :D

i loooove mint oreo!!! yummm now i'm hungry!