Monday, January 25, 2010

Shopping Online

If you know me well, you are aware of the face that I can check my email, update my blog, play on facebook, and a few other things on the computer. After that, I don't really know how to do much. I've heard of people who do everything online, like pay bills and do all of their shopping. I never really caught on to the whole shopping online thing, though, for a few reasons.

1. I would probably get way out of control. I would want to buy everything since I was not physically opening my wallet to fork over the cash, therefore smudging that bottom line in my head.

2. I don't exactly get the whole Paypal thing, nor do I fancy the idea of getting off the couch to walk into the kitchen to retrieve my credit card number. And, yes, that's way too many numbers to memorize. I maxed out in college with my SS number, ID number, and all my friend's extensions :D

3. I like shopping. Andy makes fun of me because I touch everything when we're walking through stores. I want to know how it's made, how it feels, hold it up, decide if it's on sale enough...

4. I don't want to wait for it to get here. This is big. If I even treat myself to buying something new, which I almost NEVER pay full price for, I love the immediate gratification of bringing it home and knowing that I can wear it/use it the next day.

Well, with that said, I shopped online. Sort of.

I have wanted a second pair of Uggs...yes I know! I can hear you yelling, "hypocrite!" at your computer! I just claimed that I don't buy anything full price, and Uggs probably never go on sale, but I didn't buy them for myself. They were a joint gift for Christmas a few years ago from multiple people.

Anyways... :) For some weird reason Andy didn't think I needed to spend $140 on a new pair ;), so I found a close enough replacement at Clarks. My mom has them in tan, and I needed black ones. So, I spent significantly less than the Ugg price, and had them shipped to my house.

I have been waiting for over a week now, and I can't wait to receive that big brown box on my doorstep!!! This is my FAVORITE part about actually ordering something online!!! I LOVE it when it gets here!!! My anticipation has built for at least 7-10 business days :) and then as I pull up to the house, I see it. Sitting in front of the door, with MY name on it!!! Wa HOOO!!!

Well, I'm hanging in that 7-10 business day limbo right now, and my anticipation is high! For the first time, I've ordered something that might not actually fit. They didn't have any in my size at the store, so I had to guess between 2 sizes!!!

So, here's to hoping that my package will be here soon, and that my "boots with the fur, with the fur," will fit!!! :D

*Check out my new Poll!!!

4 comments:

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

I don't do a lot of online shopping. Sometimes I will order new lip gloss or eye shadow from Mac because our nearest store that sells Mac is about 45 min away. I also ordered some Leap stuff for my nephew for Christmas from the Leap store online because it was soooo much cheaper. I need to try things on and make sure they fit and look good on me so I don't usually buy a lot of clothes online.

Yea for you on the UGG look-alikes!

Caroline said...

Oh how neat! If you saw my post several days (or weeks;) ago I posted about shopping online. I TOTALLY agree with you. It is so easy to spend money with out ever opening your wallet!

Caroline said...

Oh, and let me know how you like your new boots!

Erin said...

I don't do much online shopping either...but now that I've discovered Etsy.com, things could change--ha!