This post is going to have Chapters, because I think that's the only way to explain this last week!
35 Weeks...No Vacancy
Thursday will be exactly 1 month until my due date!!! The nursery has all of Tucker's things put away, and after his shower, we've got it all...almost! ;D I just need to hang the curtains, and a few more things on the wall, but if he came today, his room would be ready for him!
I am officially out of room...or so I think. I'm not a tall person, and I think Tucker is finding few places left for him to stretch out. He's like his Daddy in that he likes to lounge, stretch out, and there's just not much room for him! So, his little hands and elbows find their way into my leg (yes, I know that doesn't sound possible, but it's happening), and his knees and feet are pushing out the side! I actually had a dream last night that I could see his whole foot through my skin because he was pressing so hard! Thankfully, his time in my rib cage is few and far between...for now :D
This is becoming very real. I am at a point where I think he could really come at any time, and am I ready for that?! Yes, I am ready. This is what I've always wanted, and I am ready to meet this little boy! But, it's like a first day of school type feeling. I'm excited, but I also know that nothing can fully prepare me for how our life is about to change. I'm soaking up my husband, our random errands, sleeping through the night, and just the two of us. I just keep looking at his little car seat in our room and imagining him in there! What a joy that will be, but it will also mark a new stage in our family!
Heartburn has been getting worse, standing or sitting for a long time is uncomfortable, walking is good...just not in the heat, and my feet must stay up! I get hot at night, only 2 shirts actually cover my bump, and I hate the feeling of clothes touching me...however Naked Thursday everyday or out in public is probably not an option :D
Burp Clothes...Because I Heard Babys Spit Up Sometimes
My sister had the cutest burp cloth for Stone with adorable fabric, and his name on it. I was thrilled when my sister-in-law, Tara sent us one, and then Aunt Susan!!! They were SO cute, but I was worried that 2 would not be enough. I had a few thin ones, but wanted to be prepared!!! So, I figured I could make my own! We had picked out some cute fabric for my last shower, so I used those, and they turned out so cute! The last thing I need to do is get his name on them and/or make a T applique in a different fabric!
I had a great time working on them, and they were super easy! If you'd like to see how I did it, check it out here!!!
Andy left to go out of town on Thursday through Sunday. Wed. morning, my Grandma was admitted into the hospital. She is in the very late stages of Alzheimer's, but has been cared for at home by my family. She went in for low blood pressure, but she ultimately has been able to be treated for a bed sore that we couldn't get the doctor to help us with thus far. It really turned out to be a blessing.
Luckily, I planned to stay with my parents while Andy was gone, so I was there to help. Grandpa got a hot chocolate at the hospital one day, and mentioned that it was a comfort food, much like Macaroni and Cheese. Did he say Macaroni and Cheese?! So, since I felt so unable to help in other ways, being super prego and very low on energy, much like Mom, Dad, and Grandpa, I did what I could, and made this!
The Pioneer Woman really knows how to make people feel better! Her recipe was delicious, but I also could have fed the whole neighborhood!!! If you're only making it for two or a few more, you might want to consider halving this recipe! If you scroll all the way to the bottom, the full and complete recipe is there.
The Pioneer Woman really knows how to make people feel better! Her recipe was delicious, but I also could have fed the whole neighborhood!!! If you're only making it for two or a few more, you might want to consider halving this recipe! If you scroll all the way to the bottom, the full and complete recipe is there.Right now, Grandma is getting great help at the hospital, and they're looking into where she can go to get further treatment. Please keep her in your prayers as my parents, and Grandpa are extremely exhausted in doing their best to get her everything she needs.
Well, that's what I've been up to! Here is what's going on now:
*Thank you notes
*Second Maternity shoot with friend from high school
*Baking
*Finishing a blanket I started yesterday
*Dinner with prego friends from high school
*Taking care of 2 puppies
*Enjoying...everything :D

6 comments:
You have to be the cutest prego girl! The mac n cheese looks yummy and the burp cloths are adorable! I will be praying for your grandma and family.
1. The tree looks darling, as does your belly!
2. I have been sewing burp clothes like crazy too because I have so many preggo friends.
3. I am so glad you posted your Mac and cheese recipe because after you posted you had it on facebook, I wanted the recipe
:)
Your burp clothes are too cute! I had several people give me ones like that for presents and I love them. And you can never have too many! I'm actually trying to get some more made because Micah carries them around for a lovey. He's my little Linus:) Glad u are doing well!
Kel, I will be praying for your grandmother and the rest of your family!! So sorry it's been extra stressful for you all! Love how your burp cloths turned out - so cute!!! Almost time for a sweet bebe to use them!! :)
Love the baking dish :) and I can't wait to try the Mac and cheese! Good to see your to do list is dwindling down...baby wise is off the list so you must have finished it! What do you think about it?
You look great!!! I can NOT believe you only have 5 weeks left (if that!!!) before T gets here. Oh man, so happy for you guys.
Post a Comment