Friday, July 2, 2010

Bun in the Oven, and Kels in the Kitchen!

Recently I've been trying out some new recipes, mostly from Kraft Foods. So far, I'm 4 for 4!!! Andy has agreed that they have been a smash!

The recipes that I've been making have been for dinner, but I've really been in the mood to bake! About a month ago, my friend Amanda posted a recipe on her Messy Aprons blog where she and a few friends post delicious recipes!

She made these delicious Banana Muffins after making them for our friend, Katie's wedding. I have been eyeing them ever since! I had a few brown bananas, which I bought with full intent to eat on their own, but secretly delighted when they turned mushy :D
The only addition I would have made would have been to add chocolate chips, however, I didn't have any in the pantry! :/ Despite that fact, they were fantastic!

The house smelled so good as warm Banana Muffin smell floated through the rooms! I ate one as it was still warm, and YUUUUUMMMMMYYYYY!
You can get the recipe here!

We are having some friends over for dinner tonight. Andy marinated some steaks yesterday, and I wanted to make a light summer dessert. Now, normally I will search my recipes for anything chocolate, seeing as how Andy is not a sweets eater, so I have to take advantage of others sharing in my baking, but I went a different route.

Like I said, I have been using my Kraft Food magazines for a lot of my meals. I am also signed up for their emails, and when they send me a recipe that looks good, I put it in my "recipe box" on their site.

I had stuck this little baby into the recipe box a while ago, and stumbled upon it!
It was so quick and easy to make, as are most Kraft Recipes, and I can't wait to test it out! For now, it gets a 10 for looking scrumptious! You can find this recipe here!

Please feel free to share any delish recipes that you have!!!

2 comments:

Sara Laverty said...

Add another spot at the table...I want to come over! :) I'm sure y'all won't mind, will you?? :) Also, the title of this blog made me giggle. I'm sure the rest of the office is wondering why I'm giggling in my office so early in the AM. HA! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to muffins came out yummy!!!