This was taken Sunday evening by Mom who claimed that I had "dropped" in the last couple of days. It's hard for me to tell if this is true, but I do think I look a little lower in this picture.
Also, please notice the sliver of skin that is seen between my shirt and shorts. Unfortunately, this is my longest shirt. ALL of my summer "cool" shirts show at least 5 inches of skin, leaving me looking "trashy" as I walk through wal*mart!!!I have huge issues with maternity clothes, especially towards the end of pregnancy, but I may save those thoughts for a later post!!!
Sunday was my friend, Adrianne's baby shower! I grew up with Adrianne since we were, well, practically born!!!! Her and her husband live in Hawaii, but she has been home this summer to finish her Master's. I've been getting together with her and Jessie, who I've known since Junior High, and it's been so fun having a "reunion" with other pregnant people!!!!
And, here is a pic from last week's Prego dinner with Karly, who already had little Luke! We loved getting to hold him, love on him, and talk about all the details of labor!!!!!
And, I'm still working on Thank You's. I've had some helpers, who have good intentions, but I think they're just in it for the lovies! :D
So, this last month is just weird. I feel like I should be prepared at any moment to go to the hospital if I need to, however, as far as I can tell, I have not had any contractions. I literally wake up each morning thinking, "ok, do I feel any different?! Will I go into labor today?!" It's not that I expect to go early, it's just that I know that I could.
I love my plans, my calendar, and knowing when I'm doing what. This is not one of those things that fit into any of those categories!!!! Thankfully, the only thing that brings me peace is knowing that I serve a God who already knows Tucker's Birthday. He knows when I'll go into labor, how it will happen, and what the circumstances surrounding that will be. And, Praise the Lord that no matter how hard I'd try to plan or worry, nothing I can do can change that!!!!
So, I sit and wait. Trusting. And in peace. I will enjoy my husband, enjoy the quiet, and relish in these last days of this chapter of my life.
5 comments:
Do you have a bella band or anything similar? You can wear it and it looks like you have a cami on under your shirt....
I had my son at 35 weeks, but at that point I was pretty much only wearing dresses. The maternity that fit were just not that cute. Also it was September which is just a few degrees below sweltering in Texas. Enjoy what's left of your pregnancy. Take the time to relax. It will be over before you know it.
Well i think you look just great! We are all counting the days till we get to meet Mr. Tucker! We thought we would be able to make a trip up to Indy this weekend but it looks like that will be another 3 weeks :( unless someone goes early and we have no choice but to drive up!! love you, miss you, you look great!
Kelly you look beautiful! I am so excited for you and Andy and can't wait to see pictures of Tucker!!
You look great, Mama!! :)
Post a Comment