Monday, July 12, 2010

Church shower!

This Sunday was the last of 3 baby showers! Andy and I are overwhelmed with the generosity and support of those around us! We have been blessed by people we work with, and all of our family and friends, and we love and appreciate all of you!

My 8 hostesses threw me a gorgeous, and adorable shower! Here I am with Jeannine, Mom, Erica, Kendall, Holly, Allison, Sarah, and Amanda. These girls worked SO hard to bring delicious food, decorate with adorable decorations, serve me and Tucker, purchase some AWESOME gifts and make an overall great time! Thank you, ladies!
I loved my diaper cake! There was tons of great goodies on there, including bibs, CD, lovie, picture frame, and a comb/brush set!
One of my favorite parts was the sock monkey on top! I just have a little thing for these guys, and they make me so happy! The best part of him is his tie! My mom and sisters informed me that Dad made this tie out of ribbon, so in order to be able to make his tie, he had to stand in front of the mirror, with monkey, and tie his own tie step by step, and then monkey's!!!! LOL, he turned out so cute!!!!
The fireplace was decorated with blankets, outfits, beanie babies, and above it is the sign for Tucker's room!
The Potter girls
My room mate from college, Sara, came all the way from Colorado to celebrate "T-diddy," as Auntie Ho Ho likes to call him! I love you, Sara! I'm so glad you're here!
My dad came to work out at the end of the shower, and helped fill all my goodies into my car!!! Thanks, Dad, and Maddie, who was his little helper!
Ok, now if you read my blog consistently, or know my sisters and I at all, you know that it can take many takes before we get "the shot." Most of this is due to the fact that one or more of us will make some type of face at the last moment. Then the ball just starts rolling. So, here, Allison started it!
Then, when we planned our "crazy" picture, of course she chose to be normal! At least we got a good shot in earlier! Thanks, Meeske!
The shower was totally amazing. It was an Essentials Shower, and boy, did they come through! Mom and I went through all the gifts today, and put everything away, and it's safe to say that Andy and I have everything we need!!! The nursery is just about done, as well, so I should have those pictures up this week! :D

After the shower, Andy and I had our maternity shoot with my good friend, Melissa. She is an amazing photographer, and took some great shots of us!!!

4 comments:

mom said...

Oh, Kel, you always make me smile! You are right, your showers have all been such incredible blessings for you, Andy, and Tucker. Yesterday was amazing to see so much love, joy, and servant spirits in honor of you and Tucker. It is overwhelming, speck so. Great memories and cherished friends! Blessed girly...yes you are!

Love the pictures...all so funry! Thank you for inviting dad and I to tag along for the photoshoot with you, Andy, Jeannine, and Melissa...Happy Birthday to Melissa! if you are reading this! Such a talented photographer! We loVe you very much!

Tucker's nursery is precious and everything in it has a purpose, story, memory, and treasure...very Andy/Kel like...speck so! God's timing is so very perfect and Tucker will arrive when all is done and you are ready to go! We all can't wait to meet this little man...he is loved so much already by so many! Rest well and enjoy your time with Sara...laughter will be plentiful...speck so! Great Post and good bedtime reading! Had so much fun this a.m. with you! Much Love, mom oxox

Erin said...

Isn't the generosity of others sometimes overwhelming?! Glad you had a nice time at your showers. Looks like they treated you good! ;)

Sara Laverty said...

It was a wonderful afternoon!!! So glad to have been there and to have spent more time with you yesterday too!! Love ya and can't wait to see my T diddy soon ;)

Meghan P said...

Hey! I thought I'd check up on your blog to see how you're doin! You look so happy and beautiful pregnant! Tucker will be here before you know it! On a side note, I too have "a thing" for those adorable sock monkeys. I even found one that's meant to be a dog toy that I gave to Jules awhile back. Now we might have some confusion when the baby has one as well. Haha. Hope to see you soon!