Saturday, August 20th, we celebrated The Year of the Tucker!!! And what a year it's been! I just can't believe that a year ago we were home with this amazing little bundle of joy! He is seriously the best thing. ever. :)
My mom came over and took these amazing one year shots for our memory. I chose some of my favorites from the over 400 pictures taken :) I thought I'd also share a few of my wonderful memories from his birthday week. Enjoy!

As you can see, Tucker has 3 teeth (all on the bottom) but he has one coming in on the top. Our boy has never really been a cuddler. From the time we brought him home, he has never really been content to sit up and lay his head on my should...he's just always wanted to look around and investigate.

This week was different. In the midst of my giant to-do list for the party, God gave me an amazing blessing. Tucker would (wounded-solider-army) crawl over to me, through the stacks of clean clothes that I had just folded, and ALL he wanted to do was cuddle with me!!!

He would stand up and lean on me, give me kisses, want me to hold him and give him lovies. Then, he would only play with his toys if he was sitting in my lap!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! And trust me, that laundry sat there for a day or two as I soaked up those hugs and kisses and cuddles as much as I could!!!

We've also been working on "one" with Tucker for about a month. When we say, "how old are you, Tucker?" he holds up his little first finger on his right hand. *MELT!!!* I mean, seriously cute. (Obviously, he wouldn't do this when we'd try to show on-lookers at the store who were oooohing and aaaaahing over how cute he is. If you're a parent, you know ;)

So, after we serenaded him with Happy Birthday on Saturday morning we said, "Tucker, how old are you?!" (in high hopes of getting his adorable response on camera) and of course, you know what happened...

nothing. at all. ALL DAY!!! We got a half hearted "one" a few times that was hidden far from view :/ go figure ;) what a kidder!!!

And, I know it sounds weird, but he seemed like a different baby on his birthday! He seemed more mature, like he was making choices, and trying to tell us things...it could have been just me, but Andy and his dad noticed too. He's just so grown up, I guess :)

He has certainly been talking more!!! Kendall got my attention at the end of his birthday party to ask me if I had noticed that my son had been looking at me and yelling "Keeelllllllllyyyyyy" over and over!!! Soooooo, we're still working on "Mommy." :D He does, however, say (in the most adorable little voice) "basketball." I'm not kidding. He sometimes adds a few extra babbles to the end of it, but Andy, Mr. Bubba, and I ALL heard him say it NUMEROUS times today, as it seemed to be the word of the day.

(yes, I had to include the naked baby picture. Tucker, just be glad it's not the full on back view. You're welcome ;)...oh, and you most certainly peed on the floor before this picture. You're welcome, again :)
So, there you have it. Tucker as a 1 year old! I'm practically in tears just writing that my baby is a year old, but I can't wait to see what else is in store!!! More talking, first steps, first falls, first "mommy" :) It will just be so much fun!!!
So, as things calm down, and mom and Kendall give me pictures of the party, I will post them. I will also be putting up tutorials on my
art blog about the party projects that I did! So, be sure to stop by!!!
Thank you for all of your love and support, answering of questions and encouragement over this last year of parenthood. We feel blessed by the support of our families and friends. And, thank you for your overwhelming love of Tucker. He is one special boy, and extremely lucky to be surrounded by so much love :)
1 comment:
Love the pictures! My favorite is the one with the giraffe. Glad Tucker had a wonderful birthday!
Post a Comment