Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back to School Time

This week marks the begining of school for Andy and I. He has headed back this week for 2-a-day football practice, and I've been going into my room to set up! I have always LOVED this time of year. I would look forward to running to the mailbox each day to see if the letter came that told me who my teacher would be. I would then call my friends to see who would be in my class. Then came the best part. We would go to the store and pick out all of the school supplies that were on my list!

I don't know why, but I have always LOVED school supplies! Even now, I walk down the pen isle, and can't help but slow my step as my eyes devour all the colors, styles, and types of pens, markers, and notebooks!

I love You've Got Mail, and have enjoyed watching it for many years. Much to my delight, Andy and I sort of met in a very You've Got Mail type style as well! If you've seen the movie, at the begining, she's talking about how she loves New York in the fall, and how she wishes she could send him a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils! That is how I feel. I would fall off my chair if someone sent me a school supply bouquet!!!! Could you imagine?! ...mental note, business idea?! ;)

Anyways, it's that time of year, and I can't help but smile a little as I set up all the supplies in my classroom. I hope that the bright colors, quirky objects, and gel pens will light up some little child's life the way it does mine :)

With that said, I'm off to smell my pencils at school! ;) I will take some pictures today to show you!

P.S. Only 5 days until my BIRTHDAY! :)

3 comments:

Annikke said...

Kinda funny you mention "school supply bouquet" because for the end of school gift I made the teachers a sort of school supply bouquet! It was a huge hit! I plan to do it again this year, maybe I will even post pictures this time LOL

Amber said...

I love school supplies too. When i see the supply aisle at wal-mart i always wanna buy stuff. no need really, just memories!

Kelley said...

i love to go and look at school supplies! there are so many cuter school supplies out now than when we all went to school!