Wow! 2 weeks have flown by!!! School is in full swing, and as my department head put it, "the honeymoon is over." :) Actually my kids are great this year! It's been a great beginning, and I feel blessed!
So, earlier this summer, I decided that I needed a Plan for this year to help me feel more energized during the day. I decided that our lifestyle changes needed to continue. We worked hard this summer to eat well while we were at home, and that was a good start.
I, however, needed a "routine" to stick to. I am a victim of routine. I find comfort in them, and find myself feeling more calm knowing what is going to be happening. Andy is such a sweetheart with all of my planning, and pretends to act interested as I vocalize my plans for the week, knowing that I need to share them so I feel like he knows the plan too. :)
So, this summer, I made my school year plan. It is as follows:
I will come home from school, rest, and take a shower. My evening shower allows me to just get up and go in the morning, and I like that. Night showers are a bit of an adjustment for me, since I've been a morning showerer since Junior High. Then I will prepare a healthy dinner- small portions, lots of colors, and low calories. Then, Andy and I will spend time together, and I will head off to bed at 9:00.
Yes, that is correct. 9:00. That is a good 1-1.5 hours earlier than last year, and let me tell you, it makes a WORLD of difference!!! I feel SO great during the day!
The end of my plan is that I pack a healthy lunch, usually a yogurt, and some type of fruit. Then I do it all over again!!! It's been working well, and I think I am a big fan of this plan! :D
3 comments:
Routines are always great. We need something to stik with from day to day.
*Stick with
oops spell check!
yes...i need a routine! now that i am working at a school, I don't have quite as much downtime!
Post a Comment