Sunday, August 9, 2009

It's Birthday Time!

Tomorrow is my 26th birthday!!! I can't believe I'm going to be 26, especially when I still feel like I'm "just out of college!" I've been super excited about my birthday because they have always been a big deal. This year though, for the first time EVER, I will be at shool on my birthday :( I'm not very excited about this, and it makes me a little sad.

I've had a great time reminiscing on past birthdays. Mom and Dad always did 'em up right, and I've got fabulous memories! Here are a few of the great ones:

*3rd birthday (I think!) was one of my most favorites. It was a Cabbage Patch birthday!!! Mom drew a giant CP, and we did a "pin the tail on the donkey" type game with putting her hat on her head! I also had little mini CP dolls that sat on top of my cake, and they were the party favors!

*4th birthday, I got Kendall :D She was born 4 days before my birthday!

*5th or 6th birthday was a pool party in the back yard. We set up the slip 'n slide, and little pool, and played tons of water games!

*7th or 8th was the Sportstastics party! It was where I was taking gymnastics, and we all got to play on the trampoline, rings, and floor toys!!!

*8th or 9th? my surprise party! Dad had actually taken me to pick up my own cake, (which I did not realize), and when I got home, those kiddos scared the daylights out of me!!! :D We had a great time.

*13th, Mom and Dad rented a limo, and I think we rode around town in it? (my memory is a little fuzzy. What can I say. I blocked out most of junior high)

*16th. We had moved to Alabama, and I didn't really know anyone, so Mom and Allison planned an all day Scavanger Hunt ALL over town! We went 16 different places, where I had to do 16 different things, and at the end, got all of my gifts!!! We had a great time!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Love your classroom what a creative space!

Abby♥ said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hope that you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow. To bad that you have to work on it. We don't start school back until next Wed. but it still feels like we just started summer vacation.

Kelley said...

I hope you have such a great birthday!

Amber said...

Yay for Birthdays! I can't wait to hear about this years! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE your classroom!!! last time i got on your blog yesterday, the most recent post was the keychain giveaway, so that is weird. but i LOVE everything you've done in your classroom! this year i'll be able to come visit you more during the day when me and Stone are in town :)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that I forgot your birthday. Happy belated friend!!