This weekend our church hosted the Beth Moore simulcast. I'm not going to lie. I was dreading it just a bit. Beth does not share what she is speaking on until she is actually giving it at the conference, so it was hard to get excited about a theme. It also seemed a bit time consuming, and breaking into my "Andy time."
Oh, silly girl. How only God knows the plans he has for you! I prayed for a change of heart, and boy did he deliver!!! Mom was there as well, and it was a great time of fellowship with her. The smart woman that she is, brought a blanket for our freezing sanctuary!!!
Anyways, on to the goods. The topic of Beth's conference was The Heart of Our Desires. We dove into Psalm 37:1-9, focusing a lot on vs. 4, "Delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." What a great message! She beautifully painted the picture of being like a child fixated on something that they so desperately want, such as cake, but can't even eat their dinner to actually get the cake. Cake. Something I can relate to. :D
The point was that God ALWAYS hears the cry of my heart. He is either not answering it at the moment because it is not in His will, or because he wants the heart of my desire.
Ding, Ding, Ding! This makes perfect sense. I have really only had 2 desires (sustained longings that do not change with mood, circumstance, or time), and those are to be a wife and mommy! The funny thing is that in my lifelong search for a husband, Andy was brought to me, only after I completely gave it over to the Lord and seeking His will for me as a single girl.
God. just. wants. my heart. What love!!!! That's all he wants. "DELIGHT in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart!!!!" The cake is worth the wait.
5 comments:
that is my all time favorite verse! What a wonderful way to put life into perspective! Thank you for such a great thought!
I love Beth Moore! The radio station that I listen to in the mornings always has her on it.
thank you for the sweet comment!:) Me, my sisters, and my mom watched her series about Proverbs. It was very good!
Oh she is HILIARIOUS! My sisters and I watched some of her proverbs section in the summer. I KNOW how you feel,I didn't want to watch the proverbs section either, but it turned out to be really interesting!
Absolutely wonder, that post really blessed me i have been struggling in my Marriage recently, but this help me to realize I am focusing my energy the wrong place. All i need to is to focus on God and follow his leading & will and He will do the rest.
Post a Comment